Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Formula for Deer Hunting Success

gpb1111

Saw this in a hunting magazine today.

Thoughts? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447865000.877455.jpg

Bigcountry40

I read the same thing in outdoor life, for a $8 a year who can beat it?lol I dont think these writers take into consideration, the common man's life style and how we can't evolve our lives around the stand.

Bigcountry40

I also wonder how easy or difficult it is to truly over hunt or burn out a stand when using proper scent control etc

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
LOL, wow, what happened to just hunting. The more exposure/time I spend in this sport, the more it's turning me off. Too many diehard, blowhard, trophy seeking killers out there.....just hunt and be happy and be sure to include lady luck as a variable.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Ass in a stand is what kills deer.

My thoughts, exactly.

Regardless of the wind and the temperature and the moon and the fronts, and all that other happy horseshit, deer are going to do what deer do... sleep, eat, screw, eat again, and sleep some more. Obviously you have to be smart about your tactics... But IMO if you want to be successful you just have to get out there and hunt.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
My thoughts, exactly.

Regardless of the wind and the temperature and the moon and the fronts, and all that other happy horseshit, deer are going to do what deer do... sleep, eat, screw, eat again, and sleep some more. Obviously you have to be smart about your tactics... But IMO if you want to be successful you just have to get out there and hunt.
Ding ding ding..... We have a winner!
Spot on in my opinion.