Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Can I catch a break !

Hogmister13

After being sick over a Giant getting spot lighted in the field I was hunting a couple weekends ago I thought last Monday was my redemption. Around 9:00 Am Monday morning I had a stud cross the river Straight down wind of me at 50 yards, I let him go because I didn't feel comfortable with the shot. The buck ended up in a thickit behind me at 30 yards. I took a shot but hit a limb. The buck keeps walking. I knocked another arrow, grunted him back but was still too thick for a second shot. He crosses the river again at 50 yards in same spot. Once he got across the river another 140 class buck shows that I would usually shoot but I decided to pass In hopes of getting another shot at the Stud. This mornin I passed another good buck, still in hopes of seeing the one I missed. Just now Found out that the neighbor wounded that big buck the same morning I missed him. Great experience but a sickly feeling. . Wished had shot one of those other bucks now. Sorry for the quality, it's a pic of the video footage image.jpeg. Here are the two I passed. image.jpgimage.jpg

Damn, what did the neighbor say about the hit? Likely dead somewhere or marginal hit?? Easy to lose sleep with all that going on but like others said, better to have experienced something like that than just watching squirrels all day.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Take a breath and think about the bigger picture. You had multiple encounters with mature bucks. That in itself is an amazing feat. There are many others that would love to have one opportunity like that at this point. Me included.

Hogmister13

I'm thankful for the experience it just sucks to come so close and not get it done. I pulled back 3 times on that joker, sure got my adrenaline pumpin to say the least. The neighbor said he hit the deer high and had never seen so much blood for 150 yards. I'm not giving up even though the neighbors have been messing me up rabbit hunting and scouting for youth season this weekend. Gonna hunt hunt Thursday when the front comes in and see what happens. My vacation is over so won't have much time to hunt but I'll be out there every chance I get.