Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

URGENT!! Keep eyes open please

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Been there Chris, know what it feels like to have your place violated and have stuff stolen. Makes me sick just thinking about it.

Last edited:

antiqucycle

East Ohio
You said you went hunting in the morning, did you notice any strange autos or trucks on your street? They could have watched you leave. If I notice a strange car I do a "round the block" and if somebody is sitting in it, I might just pull up behind it and make "them nervous" by taking pictures with a flash.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Joe I have that app but didn't know about the custom settings they will be getting set up soon. I work nights so I'm usually home during the day, well I went hunting yesterday morning and didn't get home until later than usual. From what the cops said they knock on the door to see if anyone is home then bust in.. Well I think the only thing that kept them from coming into the house was our 110lb St. Bernard, so they hit the garage instead of getting mauled by the dog. Cops said they just grab quick stuff with high value that they know they can unload quick for their heroin fix. Here is an updated list of everything taken:
View attachment 38386

Thanks guys! The cops do have the S/N for the rifle and it is loaded into LEADS system. I'm working on getting SNs for the bows.

Did you register the bows with Elite? They should be able to help you out with the SN. If the next person tries taking the bows into a shop I hope the bow shop runs the SN past Elite. I hope you get all of your stuff back man. Just plain sucks.

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
Is New Richmond also called New Richmond on the Hill...? I am waiting on approval for joining a few FB selling walls in your area, so I can check them. However, even though I typed in OH, the NR on the Hill doesn't specifically say it is Ohio.

Yes I believe it is. I have only been in this town for 1 1/2 years and I have heard that saying a few times and it confused me at first. The city itself is on the river but the schools and most of the houses are "on the hill" behind the city. Thanks Diane

You said you went hunting in the morning, did you notice any strange autos or trucks on your street? They could have watched you leave. If I notice a strange car I do a "round the block" and if somebody is sitting in it, I might just pull up behind it and make "them nervous" by taking pictures with a flash.

I work 3rd shift and get off at 6 am and head to the stand right after work, I asked my wife if anyone was sitting at the end of the street when she left for work that morning and she said she didnt see anything unusual.
I'm on a few of the yard sale Facebook pages around Brown County and Batavia, I'll keep an eye out.

Awesome Thank You! The more eyes the better!
Did you register the bows with Elite? They should be able to help you out with the SN. If the next person tries taking the bows into a shop I hope the bow shop runs the SN past Elite. I hope you get all of your stuff back man. Just plain sucks.

Unfortunatly no I had not registered them yet. Dont exactly know why I didnt because when I bought the other 3 Elites that is one of the first things I did. I have talked to elite and they said they are going to try to monitor any of the bows getting registered in my area by the year, make and colors of the bows. I will say the folks at Elite sure do act like they care and are willing to help in anyway they can. I have called them a few times giving them different names of the people that we know owned the bows to see of they registered them. So far no luck. It has opened the eyes of a few people and they have since called and registered their Elites.

Im sry that it takes be a bit to respond but im sure that yall understand I have been quite busy the past few days, between talking to police, trying to keep up with FB, asking around. Today I am gonna start hitting pawn shops, archery shops, and gun shops getting printed pics out there for all to keep an eye out for our things. With that being said my cell is 513-617-7738 if you think you may have spotted anything please dont hesitate to call or text me with any info, all I ask is let me know you are from TOO in the text or on VM if I dont answer. I cannot telly you what this means to us to have everyone helping look for our belongings. THANK YOU!!!!

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Ill be keeping an eye out Chris. Ill let you know if I see or hear anything. In the meantime, you have my #, if you need anything, let me know.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Many times it is someone who knows you. Or someone associated with your habits.

Agreed, nine times out of 10 it's not as random as people think. Classic example. Last year Travis was at a friends house and they decided to go fishing. Travis called to ask if he could stop over and pick up some fishing poles. I asked who would be bringing him over and he told me his friends uncle. I asked Travis what poles and tackle etc. he needed and that I would meet them at the carry out store.

My logic. I don't know this kids uncle from anybody. He has no business knowing where I live. For all I know he could be some heroin addict. They are out fishing and Travis is telling his friend about his uncles guns, how I hunt all the time, the sweet tools I have etc. All the while this guy is overhearing it. More often than not in situations like these there is a connection.

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
I'm not saying it's not possible cause in this world anything is.. However both our schedules are so random. She works a different shift every day on a random schedule, I hunt mornings randomly and could be home anytime. I like it that way because of the randomness of it very hard if at all possible to pattern us, especially this time of year. They were ballsy that's all I can say..

I did go and drop some pics in a few pawn shops and archery stores Friday.. I have many more to do in both states..

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
There's alot of area in the 3 adjoining state here. No one comes to my house if I don't know them. If anyone shows up at the front door I have a loaded pistol in my hand that's stored nearby. I've been a victim of a armed office robbery once and try not to be again.