Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

WV buck?

whack

Lol sadly not too much to this one either. There's a spot that every time dad and I pass it on the farm I tell him "I need to put a stand there". Well this guy showed up on cam last week. Dad has a stand 100-125 yards away and he saw this buck run a doe down to where I've been saying I want to put a stand. I told him that's it next time in wv I'm putting my climber up there. So went in at first light so I could see and picked a tree and started climbing. Got in at 10 after 7. Had a 4 point cruise through at 7:35. At 8:15 heard noise behind me coming from the holler I expect this buck to walk out of. I look it's a squirrel. I went back to playing solitaire and hear the noise again and glance thinking this squirrel is gonna drive me nuts. There he was at 18 yards. He sees me trying to slip my hand onto the bow. He looks dead at me and doesn't make me out and put his head down and starts walking slow quartered away. I grabbed the bow and settled the pin. Shot him on a slow walk quartered away at 30 yards. Double lung and he made it 80-90 yards.

whack

Still got this one to chase on the farm. You interested? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447294140.987067.jpg