Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bummed

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Thanks guys. Actually kind of broke my heart I felt for the kid but I think I handled it as good as I could. He got a good talking to and won't be doing it anymore.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
We are raising a kid with some mental deficiencies. (I suppose anyone raising a teenager feels this way at times.) Depends on what his issues are and how his parents handle them. Some kids truly cannot be held responsible when they do such things. Others can. Not enough info to draw a conclusion, but getting to know his parents might be a good idea. If you are thinking of shooting on your property, is the kid going to wander through? If things come up missing very often, will you still feel bad?

Keep an eye open. You are a good dude Al. You may be able to be a positive influence on his life. Glad you got your camera back.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
We are raising a kid with some mental deficiencies. (I suppose anyone raising a teenager feels this way at times.) Depends on what his issues are and how his parents handle them. Some kids truly cannot be held responsible when they do such things. Others can. Not enough info to draw a conclusion, but getting to know his parents might be a good idea. If you are thinking of shooting on your property, is the kid going to wander through? If things come up missing very often, will you still feel bad?

Keep an eye open. You are a good dude Al. You may be able to be a positive influence on his life. Glad you got your camera back.

Well I spent over an hour talking to his parents and they seem to think he knows better. He has a job at a local grocery store so he is active. I think he didn't realize that someone had moved into this home. He stole things and then took my trash out to be helpful before I moved in. I made it clear that I shoot bows often and I can't have the liability of a kid wondering through my property.

I have my fingers crossed that it won't happen anymore and that next year I can hire him to help me stack firewood.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Or have him do some chores around the place too make up for the error of his way...

That's what I'm thinking jay. The young man loves collecting wood and I have. A lot of need for nice cut and stacked wood. I think I'll have him help me next spring. Kids strong as an ox.

kajon25

Same thing happened to me... I put out a cam and not even a week later it was stolen... Brand new camera too... Not even two weeks old. If anyone would be willing to get me a decoy that would be awesome. I want to catch these punks for good