Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Guessing Game: IKS Style

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Runhunter
Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

uploadfromtaptalk1447110540427.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
HAHA. Yeah, I need to pick up the decals. Can't find time to make it over there. I'm going this week for sure cause they threatened to cut me off if I didn't go get them! lmao

runhunter

image.jpgThanks guys... I sent Jesse a message and that was my first official IKS so I figured it might take a while. Long story short, I did some scouting yesterday and found a lot more concentrated sign in a public piece I've been hunting here in NJ. I made the move this morning and actually climbed the wrong tree. It ended up working out in my favor, as this buck came in trailing a doe at about 6:45am. He freshened up a scrape at 22 yards and not long after, I stopped him and touched it off. He was quartering to just a tad, and the Dead Ringer just made it through the opposite side, but snapped in half after 2 jumps, and he went down within sight. Not my biggest, but I have to admit I'm enjoying this season. I ditched the cameras after having some shit stolen, and I'm hunting like I used to. Targeting 1 deer on over crowded state woods has aged me 10 fold the past few years haha. I decided to go back to what got me here. Having fun, and when the heart gets going listen to it. It's my 2nd buck in the past 2 weeks (other was in Ohio) with the bow, and 3rd deer this year.

Last edited: