Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Upgrading

PSE13

Shelby
So I plan on upgrading to a different now after the season and I have shot a few. I have got it down to these. 2016 Hoyt Powermax and the 2016 Bear Traxx. I was just curious as to if anyone had any input on these bows. Thanks in advance guys!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Not I. Buy the one that feels best in your hands. In the long run, that will matter most. They're both quality bows, so feel should be the deciding factor IMO.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
I'm a huge hoyt fan, but I completely impressed with my elite for a hunting bow. If I were just shooting targets I would probably buy a Hoyt. Big would challenge you to shoot an elite before you make a purchase. The e32 and synergy are fine bows and the warranty is unbeatable

PSE13

Shelby
I'm a huge hoyt fan, but I completely impressed with my elite for a hunting bow. If I were just shooting targets I would probably buy a Hoyt. Big would challenge you to shoot an elite before you make a purchase. The e32 and synergy are fine bows and the warranty is unbeatable

Do you know if there has ever been any problems with the plastic limb pockets on the Hoyt's?

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I think anything that I might say could be bias.

In all seriousness I would consider an elite if you have the opportunity.

rsmith

Elite is a great shooting, all around bow. I prefer a longer ata, nothing shorter than 34inch just due to what feels comfortable to me since I'm 6'1. Go to a local shop, and just start shooting. Also look at some last year model bows that they have left and see if they are going to clearance them or would give you a deal. Might save you some money. I've shot the nitrum 34 and loved the way it feels and also love the back wall of the elite energy 35. Haven't shot the new bows so can't comment on the new ones but good luck with finding one.

PSE13

Shelby
I looked at an elite they had at the fun which is where I shot the Hoyt at. I have shot a hand full of bows so far and keep looking back to they Hoyt. Just was curious if anyone had any input on them!

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
Did you shoot a Prime? Most accurate bow I've ever shot. I switched to one 2 years ago from a Hoyt Carbon Matrix. Technically a downgrade but it felt like an upgrade to me.

PSE13

Shelby
Hard to beat a Hoyt but bears made some really nice bows last 3-4 years. Either one would kill stuff just fine. Why are you looking to go away from pse?

I have had a lot of problems with bolts on the draw module cam and funny noise when drawing back. Just done messing with it.