Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Weight Loss - Biggest Loser Edition

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Haha we all have our strengths. My body is definitely built to lift heavy stuff. Getting things out of the top cupboard is my struggle lol.
HAHA. Very true. I can touch an 8' ceiling flat footed thanks to long arms and legs. Thankfully I have strong legs for a lanky guy or I'd be a total pussy. 😂

Wmiller07

HAHA. Very true. I can touch an 8' ceiling flat footed thanks to long arms and legs. Thankfully I have strong legs for a lanky guy or I'd be a total pussy.

Haha for whatever reason it seems like the taller lanky guys are good at deadlifts. You have further to go but seems like they can get into a better position at the bottom.

Wmiller07

That was always my best lift. 505 at my peak. That's the only way I made the 1K# Club in HS.

That's really good especially for highschool. I've worked really hard to get my deadlift up and I'm hoping to get 600 at my meet. It's tough for me to get in position with short arms and relatively long legs

Wmiller07

I just got an email from the powerlifting meet director that the meet has been cancelled and moved to Toledo December 2nd. I'm extremely pissed off because that throws my entire peaking cycle off (it's a lifting cycle, not steroid. I'm clean).

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm starting another 21-day "cleanse" tomorrow to get me back on track health wise. I'm still 199#s, but my resting hear rate has risen 5 bpms in the last 2 months because I've stopped eating clean and my cardio has worsened due to not training consistently. I want to reach 190, then enjoy Thanksgiving!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Care to elaborate on what this 21 day cleanse consists of?
Water (1 gallon per day) and coffee to drink; red wine (1 glass) only for alcohol. Less than 50 net carbs daily. No grains. No sugar. Whole foods only. 30-60 minutes of exercise 3-4 days daily. I get one cheat meal on Sunday night. Fast from Sunday 8PM to 2PM Monday. Eat all meals between 12PM-8PM rest of the week.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Water (1 gallon per day) and coffee to drink; red wine (1 glass) only for alcohol. Less than 50 net carbs daily. No grains. No sugar. Whole foods only. 30-60 minutes of exercise 3-4 days daily. I get one cheat meal on Sunday night. Fast from Sunday 8PM to 2PM Monday. Eat all meals between 12PM-8PM rest of the week.
Nice. Thanks. Looks like it would challenge one's will power, but probably worth it. The no breakfast part would be tough for me. I wonder if an 8am-5pm eating cycle would accomplish similar results.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
You'll get good results like that JB. The goal is to eat in an 8-10 hour window so that you are getting 14-16 hours of fasting in a 24 hour window.

This isn't so much of a cleanse as a "reset". After the 21 days, u can revert to the "80% method" that Mark Sisson suggests and that's what works well for me long term. So 80% of my caloric intake and daily living should adhere to those guidelines, meaning I can go off script for 20% and experience no setbacks. I still fast weekly, but my food choices have progressively gotten worse as my schedule has increased in craziness! Now is a good time to reset, then I can enjoy the holidays in moderation. I also need the mental grind to prepare me for a long winter.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
October was a productive month. I've looked at a couple free aps for weight training and the JEFIT ap has been decent. I really liked the fitbod ap but after the free trial it was like $30 a month. Yeah, no thanks.

The wasted time (according to the ap) is time spent on TOO and Instagram in between sets. Lol.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Looks like a cool app Sean. I'm considering a new fitness tracker. What hardware are you using?

For running I've been using Strava. The free version is just fine for me. Plus it adds the social aspect of connecting with friends, sharing pics and workouts. I've been using it since earlier this year based on recommendations from other runners.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I need to fess up that I'm way off the rails. I'm not sure why, but when I get sick, I get an insatiable appetite and one food satisfies me: Mickey D's. It's been that way since I was a kid. It's something about severe cold and flu meds that give me hardcore hunger pangs and real food only squelches them for a short time. I haven't gained any weight, but I'm not living up to the standard I'd set 10 days ago. Just being accountable!