Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Weight Loss - Biggest Loser Edition

Wmiller07

No I very rarely train with them since I can't in competition. The only time I use them is when I'm doing high reps I don't tear my hands up.

Wmiller07

I wasn't in competition I just try to train as if I am, especially when I max out. I want to test myself as close to competition as possible.

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
Ok so since 5-5-17 (my original post) my weight is now at 183. However I have lost a total of 4in off my gut, pants went from 36" to 34". I have gained 2" on my chest and 1" on each arm. I stopped the calorie cycle about a month ago and went back to a "normal" healthy diet. With a lot going on I haven't been able to get to the gym everyday, but with my job I do get somewhat of a work out. I am a material handler and pull and pack boxes up to 50lbs everyday. Anyway I have kept off the fat and am continuing to gain muscle. I am nowhere near what most of you are throwing around, and to be honest don't know if I ever will and im fine with that. The whole goal of this was to get healthier and push off the 4 vertebrae fusion the drs want to do.

Everyone keep up the good work!

Wmiller07

Ok so since 5-5-17 (my original post) my weight is now at 183. However I have lost a total of 4in off my gut, pants went from 36" to 34". I have gained 2" on my chest and 1" on each arm. I stopped the calorie cycle about a month ago and went back to a "normal" healthy diet. With a lot going on I haven't been able to get to the gym everyday, but with my job I do get somewhat of a work out. I am a material handler and pull and pack boxes up to 50lbs everyday. Anyway I have kept off the fat and am continuing to gain muscle. I am nowhere near what most of you are throwing around, and to be honest don't know if I ever will and im fine with that. The whole goal of this was to get healthier and push off the 4 vertebrae fusion the drs want to do.

Everyone keep up the good work!

Good work. If your goal is health don't do powerlifting. It's not healthy, it's an extreme sport that us fat guys can actually do lol.

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
Good work. If your goal is health don't do powerlifting. It's not healthy, it's an extreme sport that us fat guys can actually do lol.

Thanks, haha no power lifting for me.. I'm doin lighter weight higher reps. It seems I'm staying around the same weight but just rearranging where it at lol

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
If anybody is interested, I've started a "club" on Strava App called Hunt Shape. The App is free, so just download, create an account and look up the club. It's an open club that anybody can join. I just thought it would be cool to bring likeminded people together as we all work to get better at the whole fitness thing.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Made it to 197 before Mingo. Came home at 205. Got back to 199 before the beach, came home at 205 again. I have 30 days until I turn 35 and come hell or high water, I'll be 195 by then. Time to grind!

Wmiller07

Benched 345 for four sets of two yesterday which I was pretty happy with. They moved a little slower than I would have liked but still got them.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Benched 345 for four sets of two yesterday which I was pretty happy with. They moved a little slower than I would have liked but still got them.
Damn dude nice work! I wish I could get back into a weightroom... I feel weak as fugg these days.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I rolled in to my 35th birthday heavier than I'd like, but I'm still under 200, so I won't complain.

Great stuff on your competition numbers dude. 345 is a lot of weight!

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Are you guys using any weight training apps for tracking progress or planning workouts? It seems like anything else in the health and fitness industry there's a million training apps and they're all Monthly or annual subscriptions. I can still uses a pen and paper and don't want to spend $39.99 a year for an app to track what I can do for free. Just wondering if anybody has found a free app for this purpose?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I do not. I was when I started on my original keto diet experiment, but quickly tired of the extra work. I'm fortunate to have amassed a lot of workout knowledge over the years and just workout however I feel like working out. I listen to my body and knowing I'm not trying to compete on any level, so I don't really need a plan per se. If you haven't visited Onnit's website and gone through some of their academy workouts, it's worth checking out.