Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Weight Loss - Biggest Loser Edition

Wmiller07

I always regretted not trying my hand at a martial art. Especially now that it's not dorky to do like it was when I was a kid!

I haven't had a beer since Sunday. Pretty crucial step in cutting weight for me at this point. Down to 201 this AM. Hoping to see 199 this weekend.

Good work. I would really like to try jui-jitsu. Karate was great for punches and kicks and some judo throws. However my ground game blows. I watch lots of videos on the stuff but it would be fun to try some of these techniques on someone other than my 6 year old lol.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Good work. I would really like to try jui-jitsu. Karate was great for punches and kicks and some judo throws. However my ground game blows. I watch lots of videos on the stuff but it would be fun to try some of these techniques on someone other than my 6 year old lol.
As would I. I had severe head and neck trauma in HS thanks to football, so sparring is a no-no. However I'm long and lanky, so I did well whenever I wrestled anyone despite not being a trainer wrestler. I'm fairly cerebral, so I love the mental chess of BJJ. And if I were ever to get in a fight again, I'm throwing leg kicks and trying to go to the ground. Ain't no swinging and banging! LOL.

Wmiller07

Lol amen to the leg kicks. I also may try to kick you in the ribs. Karate gave me a pretty good roundhouse and you aren't going to do much with broken ribs.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Interesting experience with Keto this time around. Because I was eating Keto roughly 60-70% of the time going in to this, I haven't responded like I did when I had 50#s to lose and ate like shit all the time. Admittedly, I haven't been nearly as disciplined as I was when I cut below 200 last time. I need more strenuous exercise and need to stop relying on my active lifestyle to serve as my exercise. That said, I hit 199.5 this morning and plan to buckle down between now and next Thursday so I can still hit my goal of 195ish before Mingo.

I can do better, I can do worse. Somewhere in the middle, you'll find me...

Wmiller07

I've found that keto works well but is hard to stick to on a long term basis. Seems like what you're doing is more sustainable with the 60-70% on.

Wmiller07

I had 590 slip out of my hands deadlifting today. It slipped out halfway up my thigh which sucked but I felt like I could have gotten it.