Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Weight Loss - Biggest Loser Edition

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I was down to 211.2 this morning, putting me down 23.8 pounds and within a pound of my revised goal for tomorrow night's game! If I see 210 on the scale tomorrow, I'm gonna be hooting and hollering!!!

Schu72

Streetsboro
I was down to 211.2 this morning, putting me down 23.8 pounds and within a pound of my revised goal for tomorrow night's game! If I see 210 on the scale tomorrow, I'm gonna be hooting and hollering!!!

Stay away from salty foods today. They make you retain water.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I heard it would, but it has actually made me more regular. The difference is I am dropping elephant dumps once a day now, instead of struggling 5-6 times a day. Not sure if that will change, but I like having a belt loosening poo session once a day! I definitely notice the energy level and it seems to be working on the weight. It's only Day 3, so time will tell. But I'm happy so far...

Theres nothing better than satisfying Elephant dump.....People dont know what they are missing LOL

I might look into this stuff.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I was 209.6 this morning for a new low. I haven't been under 210 in nearly a decade! I even had pizza last night with extra cheese! I felt I earned it after sweating like a whore in church during our game last night. We won against some tough competition. I had 4 points and 3 bounds. Pretty good night. Play at 11 and 2 today, then at 5 or 6 if we make the actual tourney portion. Still in the round robin stages now...

Huckleberry Finn

Did half an hour on the bike (8 miles at around 17 mph) and a quick arms lift.

Total for the last 8 days when I decided to get more serious about biking and lifting: 3 hrs, 2 full lifts, and 2 auxiliary lifts!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I cut firewood today! Cut through a tank of gas and then hustled when stacking it to get a cardio workout. It felt good.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Hit it hard last night. Starting to see some good definition in my arms/legs. I have open gym tonight so I will be getting in some great cardio.

Beentown

Schu72

Streetsboro
Ran outside on Friday after work. Did 3.37 miles in 25:18. That comes out to 7:30 per mile. Feeling good about where I'm at for mid March. I need to do a little searching and find a local 5k.

Did this same loop last night. Was able to finish in 24:42, so I was about 36 seconds faster and dropped my mile average to 7:19. I also located two differnt 5K races on May 7th. Might finally get a race in!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I was 208.6 this morning after taking the kids to the pool. That's a new low on the scale for me. It is actually a little surprising because I haven't worked out all week. I have a stoved finger and a sore shoulder from this past weekend's tourney, so I decided to take a week off to recover and let my body have a break. I haven't really eaten all the well either, so it shows my metabolism is drastically different than it was a few months ago. I may see 200 just yet!!!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I was down to 207 this morning. With any luck, I'll reach the 30 pounds loss barrier this week!!!

No luck on that front. I'm still staying in the 207-210 range. I am starting to train for the 5K that is coming up to raise money for Adam's friends. I ran 2 miles yesterday in 19:37 and hope to lay out a nice 5K loop close to my house tonight. I've never been much for road running, but last night went well and got me kind of excited to do some more of it. I'm still lifting three days a week and my workouts have been going great. I've seen a pretty good transformation in my body shape and build since February. I'm to the point now, I'm not embarrased to be seen with my shirt off and that feels pretty damn good. I did my first max on bench Monday in a long time and put up 230 and had another 5-10 pounds in me from the feel of it.

Just have to keep on keeping on, but things are really going well!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Down 45 lbs... Woot, woot. Yes I went totally Metro and said Woot, Woot!

Beentown

And this from the guy that has given me shit for metro stuff in the past!!! rotflmao

I'm still in the 207-210 range depending on when I step on the scale. I was 208 this morning. Part of my issue has been some rough eating the past 10 days with Easter and being on the road so much. I'm also gaining muscle a little faster than expected, so that is offsetting the weight loss. I wish I had done a body fat measuring when I started so I had a better idea of how things are going. Tonight I'll run my first 5K for training, so it should be interesting...

Schu72

Streetsboro
And this from the guy that has given me shit for metro stuff in the past!!! rotflmao

I'm still in the 207-210 range depending on when I step on the scale. I was 208 this morning. Part of my issue has been some rough eating the past 10 days with Easter and being on the road so much. I'm also gaining muscle a little faster than expected, so that is offsetting the weight loss. I wish I had done a body fat measuring when I started so I had a better idea of how things are going. Tonight I'll run my first 5K for training, so it should be interesting...

Start out easy and build up your tempo...if you start to fast you'll be hating life in short order. Once you have done it a few times, you'll start to get a feel for how to pace yourself. If you mapped it on google earth, try to find things like driveways/intersections that mark specific distances to help you stay on pace and not totally guessing on your pace/distance.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm hoping to lose 20-30 pounds in the next three months. I'm weighing in at 230 or so and it's getting old. (235 when I started going to the gym.) I plan on getting serious after this weekend since deer hunting will be done and I'll change focus to working on the house and losing weight. I picked up a gym membership for Tracie and I so that we could push each other once she changes to days at the end of the month. Hopefully with both of us going, we can reach a few goals...

202 this morning fellas. Down a total of 33 pounds so far. I've taken my .5 mile warm up times for my workouts from close to 6 minutes to 3:57 yesterday. My workout times have dropped from over 90 minutes total to between 70-65 minutes now, which means I'm keeping my heart rate over 150 for over an hour now. My bench was a wimpy 195 the first day in the gym and it killed my aching shoulders. Yesterday, 240 went up and I felt great; the shoulders are almost 100% now. I'm shooting for 195 by my 10 year reunion on July 23. Just have to keep on keeping on!

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
Got over my plateau...finally under 300lbs for the first times in about 3 years, down 70 lbs overall. Ran my first 5k on Saturday...got first in my weight class :smiley_crocodile: Although I wasn't able to run for 3 weeks I set a new best time for myself at the race, I guess the competition helped me to keep a faster pace, although at times I felt like I was at a fast walk. As soon as little league is over I'm hoping to get back into a better schedule of training and hope to run another 5k around August where I'll be trying to take 5-10 minutes off my time.