Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Weight Loss - Biggest Loser Edition

Matt

Norton, OH
My goal is to get in shape. I could care less about what I look like or how much I weigh. Shopping around gym memberships as I type this.

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
I always kinda chuckled at those I knew who were doing the Biggest Loser Workout on the wii and complained about hard it was. Well, after having the game for a year I finally popped it in. I'm ashamed in myself that it kicked my ass. I really didn't think I was going to be able to finish it and I only had it on intermediate! Eff me - I'm so out of shape! Fugg!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Sheesh guys.. Just quit eating crap.. No boxed food, more fruits, veggies and deer meat.. Get rid of the boxed and canned crap. That's all it takes.. Just eat right...

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
Sheesh guys.. Just quit eating crap.. No boxed food, more fruits, veggies and deer meat.. Get rid of the boxed and canned crap. That's all it takes.. Just eat right...

Like cigarettes and coffee for lunch?

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
There is no secret to it and in reality it's really black and white; to lose weight you must expend more calories than you intake. It does not matter if you eat 4000 calories of lettuce or 4000 calories of pecan pie because a calorie is a calorie is a calorie.

Last Fall I down loaded a calorie counter program (My fitness buddy) program and started logging my meals and the amount of cardio work I was doing. At one point I was trying to loose two to three pounds a week and could only consume 1500 calories a day with out doing any cardio. If you do cardio then you can eat more because you've burn't more. This application really helped monitor my diet and I was shocked at how many calories I was really eating. In the end I didn't loose much weight, but I did loose 1.5 inches around my waiste and gained .5 inches around my neck.

I also changed up my work out routines and started doing a fairly intense circuit routine mixed with a few cardio days. On the cardio day's I'd only run and do the elipcital. On cardio days I never run less than four miles and usually maintain about an 8.5 minute mile pace. Then I'll go and do the eliptical or walk at an incline on the tread mill for 20 minutes. The over all goal was to burn 1000 calories during that work out.

The other days I start out doing pull ups. I used to do 50 (not all at once though) and then run 15 minutes on the treadmill at a 7.5 to 7 minute mile pace. Then I do a few circuits that mix abs, chest/back, and biceps/triceps. On shoulder days I add legs and take it easier on the running (tendinitis in my right knee acts up after running). I don't lift a lot of wieght, but work on correct form and a minimum of 10 reps.

This combined with a monitored calorie intake really helped get me in shape.

Then Christmas happened. I slacked off and gained 5 pounds back. I'll have it off soon, but it's back and it sucks.

My goal is to be down to 200 by July 4th when we do our Mt Fuji hike. I wiegh 220 now so I've got long row to hoe. 20 pounds doesn't sound like much over 6 months, but when your also lifting wieght's it's difficult.

I've also really got to start working on my legs more. All this running and not doing heavy leg work outs has done two things; caused me to develop knee issues and gave me weak legs which I've fully noticed during my recent ski trips!

So put me in for 20. We'll see how it goes though.

BTW Beer your enemy in the battle of the bulge. One is OK, but two, three, four, and more aren't.

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Like cigarettes and coffee for lunch?

Both are appetite suppressants.. Soooo Yeah... Coffee has 5 calories per cup, 0 fat, 0 carbs.

There is no giant secret to weight loss. No magic formula or process. You can either eat less, or eat right.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
By the end of the year I wanna be at 205. That is a healthy weight for me. At the wieght I will be a 33 maybe 34 waist. Right now I am at 245 pounds. I loose weight fast if I put my mind to it. From Sept 15 to Thanksgiving this year I lost right at 34 pounds. I gained 11 back from then until now. Gaining some back during this time period was planned. I am hitting the gym hard now and back on the diet. I do a custom low carb diet that is very similar to the "NEW" Adkins Diet.

God luck fellas,

Beentown

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
i wonder how many calories are in a serving of pooty tang

Not a significant source of calories. However your estrogen level spikes. Increased levels of estrogen in men can cause loss of muscle tone and increased fat storage.

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
I could stand to drop 20 - 25 pounds but to be honest with this job it's going to be tuff.

Can't leave the site, don't eat right. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. :tantrum: