Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Weight Loss - Biggest Loser Edition

rrr

One hour and 15 minute workout!

I had the best lift I've had since getting back into it and was actually able to do good weight and full reps! I figured that I would do 15 minutes on the bike and be proud of myself...instead I sat down next to a friend and did 32 minutes, 8.6 miles! Time flies when you are talking!

I FEEL SEXY! Time for protein, water, and homework!

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
Weighed in this morning: Lost 7lbs. I'm now down 20lbs since the start of the year and down 50lbs overall. Guess what? I'm still fat!

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Red is a "mainstream" Christian rock band and they did a killer remake of Ordinary World originally done by Duran Duran...

Tracie and I both had great workouts last night. However, we are a little perplexed at how we both managed to gain exactly 3.5 pounds from Saturday at 4PM to yestedat at 7PM. Personally, I don't buy it. I had the best self-restraint of my life Saturday night when not one, but two large pizzas showed up at our lane while bowling and I did not have a single piece. Nor did I hit Hardees at 3AM which is my custom. We did have wings and fried pickles for the Steelers game since Sunday is the designated day off, but we had a healthy breakfast and were both active up until the game. I only had 600 calories before our workout last night, so I have no idea what happened. Made a nice dinner of steak fajitas last night...

Regardless of what I weighed, I know I feel better and have more energy. I can tell my workouts are working. I'll post them very shortly once I update it from last night...

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
Red is a "mainstream" Christian rock band and they did a killer remake of Ordinary World originally done by Duran Duran...

Tracie and I both had great workouts last night. However, we are a little perplexed at how we both managed to gain exactly 3.5 pounds from Saturday at 4PM to yestedat at 7PM. Personally, I don't buy it. I had the best self-restraint of my life Saturday night when not one, but two large pizzas showed up at our lane while bowling and I did not have a single piece. Nor did I hit Hardees at 3AM which is my custom. We did have wings and fried pickles for the Steelers game since Sunday is the designated day off, but we had a healthy breakfast and were both active up until the game. I only had 600 calories before our workout last night, so I have no idea what happened. Made a nice dinner of steak fajitas last night...

Regardless of what I weighed, I know I feel better and have more energy. I can tell my workouts are working. I'll post them very shortly once I update it from last night...

It could be your sodium intake and causing you to retain water. Anyhow, it's not uncommon for the human to have a 5lb +/- weight swing from one day to the other. Just make sure you are drinking enough water - I drink at least a half gallon a day, often times I'll consume 3/4 a gallon. Also, it's important to consume enough calories less your body will enter starvation mode and slow your metabolism down.

I'm sure you know this, but I figure it doesn't hurt to state it again.

Oh, Jillian Michaels claims that there are foods that prevent you from losing weight and can actually cause you to gain even when eaten in moderation. These would include processed foods (i.e. deli meats, velveeta, etc.), non whole grain flours/foods, and essentially any man made food.

Good luck, Jesse and everyone else.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I've been drinking water like a mad man. I've always found that was a huge help when trying to live a healthier lifestyle. It just have been the Monday blues. Hard to tell. Regardless, I'm not going to let it get me down. I know that by learning some moderation when it comes to my intake, maintaining a consistent excercise routine, and making better overall decisions in my life, I'm getting healthier by the day. I was maintaining 230+ pounds by working at being a glutton. I've made drastic changes in regards to my intake and I know it's only a matter of time before I get back to my target weight...

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
I'm in Singapore right now. Holy shit is it friggen hot and humid here!

Anyway, the commandant of the marine corps has mandated that all Marines will be weighed in by 1 Feb. I guess he's trying to crack down on all of us fat bastards. I have to "study" for weigh ins and I should be good, but it'll be close. My max weight is 203 and I weigh 214. However I can have up to 20% body fat and in the morning that's what I tape out to. We'll see how it goes, but being on the road and not able to eat, drink, and be merry sure sucks.....

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Here are some screen shots of my workout sheets. The focus for me is on weight loss and cardio, hence the low weight and high reps. I really don't want to bulk up and I don't see me getting away from the basic outline of this workout for a while. I plan to give this workout about two months before I make any significant changes to it. Once I start lifting, there are 20 seconds between sets and 60-90 seconds between lifts. I vary my lift order based on availibility of equipment and the tiring of my muscles. So far, I can do this entire workout in 90 minutes from stretching to stretching...

Workout 1 St.JPG Workout 2.JPG Workout 3.JPG

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Down 14lbs. I haven't been hitting the gym. No time (I could make the time but other things would suffer) right now but I will slow down here in another week and get back at it.

Beentown

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
started smoking again, started drinking again. lost 15 pounds in 3 weeks. i guess when you are unhappy you dont feel like eating

Believe it buddy... I lost 26 pounds in 1.5 months after the wife an i split... I have gained back 16 of them.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
started smoking again, started drinking again. lost 15 pounds in 3 weeks. i guess when you are unhappy you dont feel like eating

Wishing the best for you man. I know we only met once, but you seem like a real good dude and I hate to see people using that to their advantage. I have a buddy that was at the shoot who is a lot like you. Real good dude, but his family just takes and takes and takes. It's kept him from getting ahead in life. Hell, he made $41K this year on a high school education still living in our area, and has great job security thanks to being a union member. But you wouldn't believe how much his family has drained him financially. Breaks my heart to see it happen TOO. Same goes for you buddy. I hope you figure out a way to come out ahead when the storm clears. If you ever need someone to drink a beer with, I'll pick up the phone!

:smiley_cheers:

(740) 541-5282

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
Just a reminder 1,023lbs: you are still fatter than me. I been bouncing between 206 and 212. I hear you on the WTF? when you get on the scale at times. I think I should have dropped a little and have gained a few at times, just stick with it!!

Schu72

Streetsboro
Did my early week 5k on the treadmill. Ran a 24:50. Far from my goal, but got a couple of sub 8 minute miles in there. It will come.

Schu72

Streetsboro
Did another one of those all-terrain hill workouts. Tried a longer one. Can't decide if I like them or not. Was at 177 tonight. The weight is coming off slow, hopefully it means I'm loseing fat, not just fluid shifting.