Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Weight Loss - Biggest Loser Edition

Haven't checked in for a while on this. Weight is sticking right around 195 ish like I've hit a plateau. As soon as I hit 190 I feel like I'm going to eat everything in the house for some reason. Trying to balance out my days more with less fruit carbs and keeping the sugar highs/lows steadier per the Dr's directions. Good news is my triglycerides are way down now (as well as bad cholesterol) and the Dr is less likely to head to Vegas to make that bet. Feel so much better eating clean food though. The other day my wife and I went to dinner and she decided to get a meatlover's pizza. I decided what the hell, I'll have that too. All the next day I felt like shit and was on the damn toilet more times than I'd like to say LOL!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Chuck, keep after it buddy. I can relate to getting to 190 and wanting to eat like a pig! LOL.

I've been experimenting with the idea of "condensed eating" where you try to do all your eating inside an 8 hour period. I try to be done eating by 8PM, then fast until after noon. I'm still about the same weight (197 this AM) but I've lost an inch around my muffin top. I've heard about this method and the science behind it on a few podcasts and wanting to test it for myself. It's not a bad way to roll.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I'm stuck at 190, the only way I can see getting too 180 (my goal) is giving up beer.... Fuck it, not big on goals...

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Exactly why I'm not 190. I like beer. 7 more pounds and slightly leaner ain't worth one of my favorite things about life.

Amen Jesse, I'm too old and decrepit to give up my favorite liquid lol... If 190 is the best I get? So be it.... I ain't entering any pageants lol

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Chuck, keep after it buddy. I can relate to getting to 190 and wanting to eat like a pig! LOL.

I've been experimenting with the idea of "condensed eating" where you try to do all your eating inside an 8 hour period. I try to be done eating by 8PM, then fast until after noon. I'm still about the same weight (197 this AM) but I've lost an inch around my muffin top. I've heard about this method and the science behind it on a few podcasts and wanting to test it for myself. It's not a bad way to roll.
I have heard a few things about that concept too and I've been trying my best to follow it. I've already noticed my digestive tract seems to be working more efficiently. Hopefully I'll see a few pounds come off too. Every little bit helps since I can't find a way to get back in the gym.

Gordo

Athens County
Been a while since I checked in here. I'm stuck around 205-210. Better then 230+ but I figured I'd be under 200 after working hard all summer. Seems like I have 'firmed up' a lot and am feeling stronger then I ever have. Beer drinking doesn't help.

Wmiller07

I started my meet prep this week and it started off well. Benched 315 for three sets of five yesterday and squatted 415, 435, and 455 for five. I did a fourth set with 455 for 4. It felt light I just ran out of gas.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Good luck buddy! Looking forward to hearing about the progress and results!

I'll fess up and say I've been way off the bandwagon lately. Since the first weekend in September it's been county fair, out of town for work, bachelor party, bachelor party, community fair, wedding and now another wedding this week. I am SO ready to get back on track! I'm sitting at 200, but am nowhere near optimal right now with how I'm treating my body. I did 50 push ups in 2 sets of 25 yesterday split between 2 sets of 25 of body weight squats. My heart rate was only 80 when I finished (5 minutes to do with some light stretching in between) but I was disproportionately out of breath. With my first ever 5K coming up next weekend, I'm not pleased with myself.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Good luck buddy! Looking forward to hearing about the progress and results!

I'll fess up and say I've been way off the bandwagon lately. Since the first weekend in September it's been county fair, out of town for work, bachelor party, bachelor party, community fair, wedding and now another wedding this week. I am SO ready to get back on track! I'm sitting at 200, but am nowhere near optimal right now with how I'm treating my body. I did 50 push ups in 2 sets of 25 yesterday split between 2 sets of 25 of body weight squats. My heart rate was only 80 when I finished (5 minutes to do with some light stretching in between) but I was disproportionately out of breath. With my first ever 5K coming up next weekend, I'm not pleased with myself.

At least your thinking about it and not sitting still, where were your when you started this thread. You know its a marathon not a sprint, I enjoy keeping up with you and Millers drive in continually pushing no matter if you take a short break or not. Where you doing the 5k?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Thank buddy. It's definitely on my mind and I'm doing what I can, when I can, it's just not the pace I'd like to keep. I was at 240 at my heaviest, so I'm still doing well in that regard.

I'm doing that Glow Run for MMH next weekend. My wife is working it so her boss can run and now that I'm in a new age bracket (35-40) and went from the old guy in the bracket to the young guy, figured it was time to start racing. I wanted to be below 25 minutes, but that might be tough.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio

I have heard a few things about that concept too and I've been trying my best to follow it. I've already noticed my digestive tract seems to be working more efficiently. Hopefully I'll see a few pounds come off too. Every little bit helps since I can't find a way to get back in the gym.
Maybe it's just coincidence, but I gotta say, it sure seems like this dietary approach is helping me. For the past three weeks I've tried my hardest not to eat anything past 8:00 pm. Most days I actually eat my dinner by 6:00 pm and call it good. I'm down to 189-190 lbs again and I didn't do anything different from an exercise/activity standpoint. I also seem to be getting much better sleep than I used to. Not more sleep, but better quality sleep. I feel much more invigorated in the morning and I often times wake before my alarm... Something that NEVER used to happen with me. My typical morning aches and pains also seem to be diminished. I don't know... I don't have any physical data to back it up, but anecdotally it sure seems like I'm benefitting from this eating pattern.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'll add that I do think my metabolism has sped up a bit as a result. I'm eating dinner earlier than ever, and I never skip lunch, and yet I'm still hungry as a mofo when 6:00 pm rolls around. I'm down a solid 10 pounds.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Maybe it's just coincidence, but I gotta say, it sure seems like this dietary approach is helping me. For the past three weeks I've tried my hardest not to eat anything past 8:00 pm. Most days I actually eat my dinner by 6:00 pm and call it good. I'm down to 189-190 lbs again and I didn't do anything different from an exercise/activity standpoint. I also seem to be getting much better sleep than I used to. Not more sleep, but better quality sleep. I feel much more invigorated in the morning and I often times wake before my alarm... Something that NEVER used to happen with me. My typical morning aches and pains also seem to be diminished. I don't know... I don't have any physical data to back it up, but anecdotally it sure seems like I'm benefitting from this eating pattern.

My general observations have mirrored yours to some degree, particularly as it relates to sleep. We had a senior staff meeting yesterday and they order in lunch. I was the only one not to eat because I do my long fast on Monday. I glazed some eyes over right quick when after being asked why, I got on my soap box while they ate sloppy patty melts and guzzled Cokes. LOL The real interesting part was when I talked about this condensed eating method and you could see people trying to do the math and saying "no fucking way". lmao

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My general observations have mirrored yours to some degree, particularly as it relates to sleep. We had a senior staff meeting yesterday and they order in lunch. I was the only one not to eat because I do my long fast on Monday. I glazed some eyes over right quick when after being asked why, I got on my soap box while they ate sloppy patty melts and guzzled Cokes. LOL The real interesting part was when I talked about this condensed eating method and you could see people trying to do the math and saying "no fucking way". lmao
Ha! I'll be the first to admit I was skeptical. But shit, it's about the easiest change to a diet that a person could possibly make... So why not at least try? That was my mentality.