Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Weight Loss - Biggest Loser Edition

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Benched 325 for four this morning after three sets of four with 315. That was a PR.
Nice work! That's a solid group of sets.

Since the birth of our son last week, I haven't been to the gym in about 7 days. I already feel week as fugg and extremely antsy. I know this is only temporary until we settle into a routine but it's been tough not going to get a good workout in. I realize now how much therapy I actually get from lifting weights. On the plus side, I've lost 8 pounds since Warner's birth. Not sure how, considering the junk I've eaten since then.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Day 1 of another 30+ day stint on the keto diet. Fasting today, which will happen every Monday. I'm 207 this morning after a gluttonous Father's Day weekend binge. Looking to be 190-195 by Mingo.

Yeah, this past weekend was bad. I ate too much and felt it this morning. I punished myself today. Good luck on hitting your next goal!

I've started walking in the mornings once I get to work for the last two weeks. Every day, even on the rainy days I carried an umbrella. Seems if I did it in the evenings I'd have too many excuses to put it off or not do it at all. It's only a mile and a half but it's a nice walk down the sidewalk to a bike path that goes out through a few fields and a good patch of woods. Best thing about it so far is no friggin mosquitoes which I'd be fighting like hell if I walked around home. My end goal though is to start getting up an hour earlier and walk for 45 minutes from home more like Sean's idea.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Made it through the "keto flu" and woke up feeling great this morning. I shed my water weight and have not "cleaned out the pipes", so I'm primed for a good 4 week run on this. I was 201 this AM and should see the 190s by Sunday morning. The big fight for me will be no beer until Mingo starting Monday.............

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Down 3.5 over the week, but could have done more. Looking forward to a better week this week as I settle in to a new routine. No beer until Mingo is going to be tough, but damn how good will that first one taste on Thursday?!?

Wmiller07

Good work. I benched 335 for two sets of three and a set of two with help on the third for a PR this morning. Bench is definitely Improving.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Keep it up, boys!

I've really struggled to find time to work out the last few weeks. I feel guilty even asking my wife to leave her and the baby to head to the gym for a couple hours. Finally a couple days ago I got creative... Pulled a couple dumbbells out to the yard, a patio chair, and a 12 # sledgehammer... Did a bunch of push-ups, lunges, squats, some crazy shit with the sledge, some shoulder presses, and went for a 1.5 mile jog. It felt really good and was fun. The change of pace was definitely welcomed. And best of all, I was just 20 feet out my back door.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Good start to the week... Screenshot_2017-06-26-12-32-35.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Keep it up, boys!

I've really struggled to find time to work out the last few weeks. I feel guilty even asking my wife to leave her and the baby to head to the gym for a couple hours. Finally a couple days ago I got creative... Pulled a couple dumbbells out to the yard, a patio chair, and a 12 # sledgehammer... Did a bunch of push-ups, lunges, squats, some crazy shit with the sledge, some shoulder presses, and went for a 1.5 mile jog. It felt really good and was fun. The change of pace was definitely welcomed. And best of all, I was just 20 feet out my back door.
I mounted some 1" galvanized pipe to the playset I built K last year for pull-ups and hanging (great for stretching), added ab slings, and stash my 30# kettle bell and splitting maul in her clubhouse. With body weight exercises and that set up, I can really do a lot of work.

One thing I've implemented is sprints. Every 10 days I do 5 60 yard sprint with 20 seconds rests in between. Goal is to get to 10 sprints at some point. Sprinting is great for boosting cortisol levels, which then drive up testosterone levels. It's a "fight or flight" training and really does wonders according to my research. After 2 sessions, I noticed my body handling the lactic acid build up more effectively during my run today. Be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Wmiller07

I did some kickboxing for cardio today for the first time in years. Wow was that a butt kicker but way more fun than any other cardio. I need to work on my left kicks though. They were quite girly.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I did some kickboxing for cardio today for the first time in years. Wow was that a butt kicker but way more fun than any other cardio. I need to work on my left kicks though. They were quite girly.
Lmao. I'd be the same way. I consider myself to be very well coordinated, but anything involving my left arm or leg is pathetic. Haha

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I always regretted not trying my hand at a martial art. Especially now that it's not dorky to do like it was when I was a kid! 😂

I haven't had a beer since Sunday. Pretty crucial step in cutting weight for me at this point. Down to 201 this AM. Hoping to see 199 this weekend.