Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Joel's 2015 buck

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Awesome story Joel! Congrats again on the buck and glad you guys found him. Also that's awesome about the land owner and what you're doing for him, I think he will love the mount and love the meat as well. Some people love deer and deer hunting just as much as we do, just don't like actually pulling the trigger, kind of weird but cool. Congrats again

He's got some health issues that he's had for awhile and I just don't think he was ever introduced to hunting, at least that's the impression I get. Actually going to talk to him and see if he wants to borrow my blind and crossbow or set him up a corn pile for gun season and have him shoot one off his back deck. Not sure if he'd want to or not but if it's something he wants to do and hasn't because of his condition I will gladly hook him up. No way the guy can climb a treestand, pull back a bow, or even set up a blind by himself. I'd have to go track and recover his deer too but I'd be glad to do it. I'll keep you all posted on that if he's interested.

When I originally asked for permission he said yes and then asked if I ever got one with my crossbow. I told him 3 last year and he was blown away, asking all kinds of questions about how I did it. Definitely a cool landowner and even though there is a lot of people apparently hunting this area it seems to be loaded with deer, at least comparatively. I'm also going to keep the local deer herd in mind at this spot. I might shoot a doe and a button buck there based on what I'm seeing but if I get permission next year I'll make sure there's plenty around and if they seem scarce at all I won't shoot a doe.

jeremy44230

Medina County
Joel, I just got a chance to catch up on this thread. What a great story and a kind thing that your doing for the landowner. That'll earn you bonus point. Very kind thing to do.

Congrats again on the buck. If your anything like all others, you'll still be in the woods scouting and watching for next year!