Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I Am Hearing Voices In My Head Again!

steveOh

Dayton Area
This time they aren't too pleasant.

Last Thursday before I shot by buck http://http://www.theohiooutdoors.com/showthread.php?19586-My-10-29-15-Buck I was debating whether or not to shoot him or let him go and wait for a bigger one to come along. Well today, while out trying to fill my doe tag, look what passed by broadside at 8 yards.:tantrum:
DSC01150crop800.jpgDSC01151crop800.jpgDSC01152crop800.jpgDSC01154crop800.jpg

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
No regrets SteveOh. You killed a fine deer. That old thing would taste like shoe leather.

Isaacorps

Columbus
Never know what's gonna stroll through this time of year. I love the pic where he looks like a beagle that just ran a rabbit across 3 counties. Congrats on your buck though!

steveOh

Dayton Area
I didn't see a deer all morning, when around 10:00 I heard the familiar cadence of a deer walking in the dry leaves. Anticipating a doe, I reached for my old Horton and at the same time saw antlers appear on the opposite hillside. He popped his head out of the honeysuckle and slowly walked down to the bottom of the ravine, offering 2 or 3 broadside opportunities. By this time I had my Sony camera on him. He then came up my side of the ravine, up a path not 6-8 yards from the base of my tree. When he came to the log road he stopped for a broadside pose for me, I just clicked away. He looked up at me and then continued on his merry way.:smiley_devil:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I fully expect the same to happen to me if I get my son out this weekend. Then my 11yr old can tease me about shooting a bigger buck. ha

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Awesome sequence of pictures Steve! Good killed a nice buck buddy! Hopefully he makes it and you can hunt him next year.