Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Back to site after a brief hiatus..... And I know sumtin

Heavy

Medina
I was a member the last couple,years and my account started not letting me start threads or see pictures. More than likely my fault and not the site. I was Drop-tine76.

Well I got lucky last night and put a nice buck on the ground. It was einteresting because I haven't got any pictures of shooters all summer and thru October. Then last week a
I got a midnight pic of a nice 10. I decided to hunt Sunday afternoon and found a fresh scrape when I was walking in. Saw 2 young fork bucks throughout the night but I noticed they were cruising in totally different directions. This same thing happened when I hunted Friday. Then and there I decided I would hunt every afternoon this week thinking I may find a new deer cruising. At the same time I realized my schedule would only allow me to hunt Monday and Tuesday afternoon, oh well.

I get in the stand at 2 yesterday afternoon. About 2:45 about 20 turkeys come down the ridge and I miss one. Hit a limb and lost my arrow..... Great!

About and hour later a small 1.5yr old buck comes in and hangs around me for a. Min or 2 and Moses along up the ridge. I thought to myself I think I will likely see 1 more deer tonight. Will it be a buck and will I get a good opportunity is the question.

10 min later I look down the ridge and see a deer coming in at about 50 yards. I could not see a rack , but knew immediately it was a buck by his body. I grab my bow and get ready. He takes a couple more steps and I see a really nice 8 point side. Now my heart starts pumping. He continues up the ridge and is on a path to take him right by me. As he is making his way towards me it seems like hours. He turns a few times and I think it is over , but ends up back toward my stand. He eventually walks to 12 yards and I take the shot. It was high and he dropped on the spot. I followed up and he died quick.

Every time I kill a deer it is unbelievable, and this was no different. He is my 2nd biggest and I love the character. I asked my daughter what we should call him and she said Popsicle. So here is Popsicle....

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg