Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

It's official ! Ohio booked for Nov 13-15

ChasinTheTrophy

Western PA
Booked my cabin this weekend for Nov 13-15 ! Pumped up ! Never hunted out of state before . If anyone has any advice about gear or little things to bring along to make the trip better or something that you learned I may need . I would greatly appreciate it !

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Bring warm weather gear as well as cold weather gear.... Right now it's in the 70's ( and I just winterized my boat) but the bottom can drop out here in the next week or so.....

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
My advice is 3 days isn't enough. Have fun, but it's about a quarter of what you need unless your very familiar with the area.

Bigcountry40

Yeah I remember talking about you coming up here to scout in the summer, glad your making it up, I hope you have success. You hunting alone?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Burr Oak used to have a good number of deer, but I don't know much about it now that the herd is down overall. You aren't too far from Wolf Creek Wildlife Area, so maybe check it out too. I have always talked about going out there and have a spot picked out if I ever do. Good luck and have a safe trip.

http://wildlife.ohiodnr.gov/wolfcreek

ChasinTheTrophy

Western PA
I have a buddy coming with me . We walked a little of wolf creek and Gifford . Both areas looked real nice . Excited to see what it looks like in November ! The people we rented the cabin off of are supposedly talking to some neighbors for us also so possibly have a couple options .

joejoe8

I've hunted both Wolfcreek an Gifford an will spend some time there next week hopefully. Good luck!