Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Another safety reminder...

DandaMan

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers guys and gals. It's very appreciated. Waiting on some MRI results and have another X-ray of my lungs to take before I can possibly go home. It happens fast.

Dandaman: maybe you don't mean to be an ass but that's how I take it. Yes a lifeline would have saved me a lot of pain and grief. I have many, many set ups. Lifelines wouldn't be just a $30 investment....hundreds. I will have one on every lock-on from here on out and will figure out something for ladders and elevated box blinds. Thanks for the kind words though you POS.

Nothing personal I assure you. I have done plenty of stupid things in my life that have nearly cost me my life. I hope others will wake up and realize that this doesn't need to happen. Thirty years ago we didn't have all this safety equipment. Nowadays its readily available. Its a choice, a conscious decision to use it or not. Why sugar coat it and pretend it was some unavoidable accident. Totally preventable.

Frankly I don't care if your mad or want to call me names etc. If pointing out your poor decision helps somebody realize that not using a lifeline is stupid then thats great. I take no pleasure in what happened to you and hope that someday these threads won't exist. I'm not perfect, I make mistakes. Thats why I use this stuff. I know I would fall, be paralyzed from the neck down and coyotes would chew my face off.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I hope you heal up quickly buddy. Some pretty scary stuff. That rotator cuff will take awhile to heal but you should be just fine as long as you follow directions and do your exercises.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Hope you heal fast. You'll be in my prayers

I guess there was a bad accident this way this morning. Care flight had to be called to the scene. Haven't heard anymore about it...

epe

Lancaster
Sorry to hear about the scapula and rotator cuff. One piece of advice, follow thru on the rehab for your rotator cuff. I partially tore mine playing basketball when I was young and dumb. Never did the rehab thinking I was young and didn't need to. BAD idea. Never healed right, and causes me pain anytime I use it. If I do rotator exercises at the gym, the next day I can't lift my arm above my shoulder.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Thanks again for all the well wishes. I am still laying in the hospital bed mostly because of doctors being very slow to do their job. It took 24 hours to read an MRI on my shoulder that I had to request to have done.

I am very safety conscious and always wear my harness. I even turned my rattling horns out on my backpack in case of a fall. But it only takes one moment to slip up and not be prepared for the worst...that's when it will happen.

Dandaman, I want people to learn from this as I have. Everyone who has responded has done so with heartfelt compassion and it is greatly appreciated. Well, everyone but you. You are classless and I would be willing to say that to your face whether this was about me or another individual on this site.

Last edited:

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Hope for a speedy recovery. At least faster than the doctors have been moving. Keep us updated on progress, slow as it may be.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Nothing personal I assure you. I have done plenty of stupid things in my life that have nearly cost me my life. I hope others will wake up and realize that this doesn't need to happen. Thirty years ago we didn't have all this safety equipment. Nowadays its readily available. Its a choice, a conscious decision to use it or not. Why sugar coat it and pretend it was some unavoidable accident. Totally preventable.

Frankly I don't care if your mad or want to call me names etc. If pointing out your poor decision helps somebody realize that not using a lifeline is stupid then thats great. I take no pleasure in what happened to you and hope that someday these threads won't exist. I'm not perfect, I make mistakes. Thats why I use this stuff. I know I would fall, be paralyzed from the neck down and coyotes would chew my face off.

tact.

[takt]

NOUN

1.adroitness and sensitivity in dealing with others or with difficult issues:
"the inspector broke the news to me with tact and consideration"

There's decidedly a lack thereof in both your comments to and about Mike in this thread. A little tact goes a long way in trying to deliver a message we all agree on, but can be viewed as "classless" when improperly presented.

Last edited:

rpwingle3

Harness's may be a pia but dang if the cost you a couple minutes climbing better than not having one and it costing you your life

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Hate to hear about the broken scapula Mike!! I broke mine when I flipped my quad on top of me as well as breaking a few ribs. I know the pain you must be having but I'm just glad you weren't hurt any worse.

Hope you heal up fast and are able to get out before seasons end to do some hunting! Good luck and hang in there!

Ohioal

Sadly and thankfully because of this thread I have now started wearing my vest in every stand. Always did in the climber but neve in ladders. U may have saved my life because of your fall so for that I thank u. Hope u heal fast