Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Another safety reminder...

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I want to keep guys aware of the dangers so here are a couple of pics of my accident. The first is the set up. You will notice that the top of the ladder stick is missing. The second pic is of the broken ladder stick. It broke where the bolt hole is for the "v" bracket. Stay safe out there guys and gals.

IMG_0493.jpg
IMG_0497.jpg

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Glad to hear that you are going to be ok Spencie. I just bought a new safety harness last week and it came with the life line. This is my first one, and its getting used.

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
Glad to hear that you are going to be ok Spencie. I just bought a new safety harness last week and it came with the life line. This is my first one, and its getting used.

Good for you. Once you start using lifelines you won't want to climb in to a treestand without one.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I should probably ask for a few as Christmas gifts. I have a couple stands that make my ass pucker gettin in and out of them.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I've been eyeing a new safety harness as well for Christmas. Would like to get a few more lifelines too so I can swap out some existing one's. Bet it was a little humbling being there again wasn't it Spencie?

I don't remember it so it wasn't bad. I lost my glasses and have been back 3 times trying to find them. Only ones I can shoot my bow with.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Been in a ladderstand for the first time this year. I use a safety vest with it connected to the tree. I nodded off yesterday and felt myself falling forward when I woke up. I didn't hit the end of the strap but it sure make feel good I had it on. Be safe out there.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Here is an update: I am going back to work in the morning finally. That's 3.5 months. My shoulder is stronger than before the fall. I have very little pain in my back but my neck still hurts. The muscles in my back and neck are still very tight and I'm not sure they are ever going to loosen up.

Go take your stands down guys and gals. Replace things that need replaced and get lifelines for every stand you are going to use. It hurts...a lot....when you fall.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Good to hear your getting back to work Mike. I got lifelines for my stands now after reading what you went through this past season.