Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Great evening

lung buster

hocking county
Andrew was able to kill a great buck this eve. I have been rotating kids each night and it was Addisons turn but she told Drew he could go,lol....she definitely learned the phrase, you can't kill them from the couch,lol. We got to the blind at 4:00, that was the earliest that we have made it all season. We seen nothing but squirrels until around 5 when a single doe popped into our little food plot. We watched her for awhile and then suddenly we could hear another deer coming from behind us. We couldn't see him due to those windows being closed but I knew that it was a buck. He came around our blind 10 yds away and went over to check out where that doe was. Andrew was able to get on his xbow and he made a perfect 25 yd shot and his buck only ran 35 yds and we heard him crash! We were looking forward to this weekend so Andrew could use his shotgun but he is tagged out in our county now, which is a good thing! This is Drew's 11th deer and he is 10 yrs old! I'm so proud of all that he has accomplished in the woods these last 5 years that I can't even begin to express it! He has been like a sponge since day 1 when he was only 6 yr old toting a muzzy! Man time sure does fly by, it's almost sad sitting here thinking about how fast these 5 yr have been!!!

lung buster

hocking county

Addison will get all available time this weekend and until she fills her buck tag! I know that it's just a matter of time and she will make it happen! If she is fortunate enough I just may come out of "retirement" and carry a bow/gun again,lol! I have had so much fun with my kids these last few years I have kind of lost the desire to hunt by myself anymore...even when they are in school and I have went a few times it is just not the same.....

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Great job Andrew and dad! He is sporting B&C smile in the pics. He earned it too. You and your kids hunt hard. Congrats!