Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Phil's 2015 buck

Buckmaster

Portage

Attachments

• Jesse.jpg
    Jesse.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 180

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That question would have a different meaning if Jesse had shot him....rotflmao

Congrats again Philbilly Soxer on a good shoot/stalk/hunt/kill/deer experience

Ben posted exactly what I envisioned when I read this. Jesse will never escape these images.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Wherever you decide on putting him, I think he'll make an awesome euro mount!

Thanks Chad. I thought so too. He has some extra little junk around the base and that will be seen on a euro mount. He isn't massive so the euro should make him look a little bigger too. lmao

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Congrats again! Good write up. Euro mounts look pretty good. That's what I'm planning on doing from now on. Take up a lot less room

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Another round of thank yous going out. Appreciate it guys. Now i can spend my days wasted online seeing which one of you is killing deer! It is not productive. lmao

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Philbilly....don't forget to thank your Sponsors :smiley_crocodile:

I want to thank first and foremost TOO!
Hank Tucker Outdoors.
Skeeter Creek
Brock and Mason Outfitters
Hicks Lawn Services LLC
Scent Smoker
Beener's BBQ
Couldn't have done it without my Hoyt. . . Unless I had a Matthews, Bowtech, Excalibur, or another bow.
The 36" doinker made the difference.
Screw my Nikon binoculars because they made him look bigger. lol
Thanks to my Pat's Donuts for the fuel in my belly.
Thanks to Acorn Cruncher and Butt Out even though I forgot them. . . on the shelf at the store.
Thanks to Whitetail Specialties Taxidermy for bringing me a bag of ice and helping me drag the deer in.
Thanks to my arrahs. Don't remember which brand I am shooting right now, but they are that important.
Can't forget the Slicktricks.
Muck Boots? Nah. Thanks to the Rocky Boot Factory brand socks I was wearing for being so quiet.
Thanks to Milo for suggesting I follow up with a hammer throw and then do the Toyota jump.

Sure I am forgetting something. Thank you all!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Just uploaded some pics from my camcorder. On it I found a few pictures of the buck I killed. This would be where it bedded facing me. I had no shot here and was about 40yds away. I had no option but to come back later or stalk in closer to finish him off. Part of me does not want to post the pics. I know I hit a limb and the initial shot was not where I was aiming. The other part of me knows I am human and can/will error. Knowing others could have similar circumstances. . . I am posting them.

I might add- This was quite a waiting game. I only moved a step whenever he was not looking and the squirrels moved. Fortunately there were a couple squirrels working the area that morning which enabled me to move some. The LAST thing I wanted to do was push him and leave him to die slower death. Pushing and not recovering him would have been horrible. The other thing I did not want to do was leave him there suffering. My options were: Slowly stalk in or slowly stalk in.