Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Mossy Oak Properties...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Anyone have the scoop? They are thick as hell around here right now. Saw three different "Florida - Georgia Line" trucks within 5 miles of town today. Been seeing them alot. Mossy Oak Properties stickers all over them.

They in your area TOO? Makes me wanna puke on their chrome.

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Lots of stuff leased or for sale by MOP down here. It's getting crazy.

Yep. They briefly had Hippie Ridge and jacked the price up on it so that a normal man could never buy it. All ravine and briars, but somehow it's worth $5K an acre without minerals...

Steelheadtracker

I never thought about it before but im always wondering why this time of year I see tons of vehicles with new York plates. You guys think they are here hunting? Idk what new York deer hunting is like.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I never thought about it before but im always wondering why this time of year I see tons of vehicles with new York plates. You guys think they are here hunting? Idk what new York deer hunting is like.

It sucks. That's why we get invaded. I live 5 minutes from WV. I was waiting for a buddy at the local park and ride a month ago, which is at a main intersection within eyesight of WV. I watched 5 trucks pulling trailers with quads, stands, and bags upon bags of corn stop at the intersection. 3 from WV, one from Maryland and one from NY. Whereas I understand and I accept it to some degree, it's aggravating too.

Steelheadtracker

I see countless vehicles from new York here. Thats nuts you saw 5 trucks from different states all loaded down in that small amount of time. Can't imagine how many are actually coming here.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
It sucks. That's why we get invaded. I live 5 minutes from WV. I was waiting for a buddy at the local park and ride a month ago, which is at a main intersection within eyesight of WV. I watched 5 trucks pulling trailers with quads, stands, and bags upon bags of corn stop at the intersection. 3 from WV, one from Maryland and one from NY. Whereas I understand and I accept it to some degree, it's aggravating too.
The Maryland guys are probably headed out my way.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Mossy oak is the direct enemy of hunters everywhere. I suggest you do everything possible to not support that company. I know I do.

lung buster

hocking county
Seen some fresh mossy oak properties signs today! Also seen them in South Carolina last week while passing thru on vacation. They seem to be everywhere anymore!

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
They're thick around my area too. There was recently an auction, selling off parcels of old aep land out in Meigs and vinton counties. Supposedly MOP showed up, and at the end would throw out rediculous high prices that would leave the average joe scratching his head. I hate that this sport has come to this, and it's gonna get to the point that if you don't have family with land or a pocket full of cash, you ain't gonna hunt.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I spoke with a guy from MOP. I called on a property listed for sale. He answered. After talking a good bit, here is my take on it (at least on a portion of what MOP is.) This guy was a realtor. He simply focused on hunting properties/farms/recreational property. He was the listing agent. Whether the property was owned by MOP or listed by MOP? I don't know.

teej89

NE PA
I hate that this sport has come to this, and it's gonna get to the point that if you don't have family with land or a pocket full of cash, you ain't gonna hunt.

This is too true, more and more land is being leased. Back in my hometown in PA, farms we used to hunt are now being leased by non-resi's. This is the sole reason i'm trying to move out west. Good luck to MOP to buy the hundreds of thousands of acres of public land.