Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Official TOO 2011 Shed Contest

Diablo54

Outside

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I found a deadhead today and got within 40 yards of a nice tall 8 pt. still carrying both sides. I took a few pics of him but the pic quality isn't the best. My bro found 3 sheds(last years) but one was pretty nice. Here are the pics:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Nice finds Diablo! The buck in my pics is alittle left of center staring right at me. I don't know how TOO circle him for easier viewing. If his brows weren't just a couple of inches he'd have made P&Y.......IMO.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Now I can see it. The text you sent me I could'nt see anything. I thought maybe you was just sending me pics of weeds...:smiley_deer: We got 5 inches of snow friday morning so I have'nt made it out the past couple days. Did see 3 bucks friday with both sides.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
JD I love that last set...I'm assuming thats a dark colored rack, not just mud. There's a dark set out there somewhere for me to find...TOO bad they are under 8 inches of snow right now! Sure wish he had been 20 yards closer or else I'd already have the antlers in my hand!

It is somewhat of a chocolate colored set but also it had rained that hole day and turned to freezing rain when I found them. There's a 1/4 inch of ice on them in the pic.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Found a set this afternoon. 29 now total.

Attachments

• 0227011648.jpg
    0227011648.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 132
  • 0227011648a.jpg
    0227011648a.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 122
  • 0227011701.jpg
    0227011701.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Nice job to JD/Diablo and FS. Seeing a buck carrying still is as good as finding the sheds sometimes. At least you know they made it. I took Hank out looking today but there was still quite a bit of snow in the woods. We got skunked but the dog and I had a great time.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Tripple88 and I went out today and found one small 6 point deadhead. Jumped a bunch of slickheads, about 13 total. No sheds though.
Found this strange skull in a ditch-line. I don't know WTF it is but it's big. . :-?

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
That looks like a bottom jaw and a pelvic bone placed ontop of it to me. The bottom jaw is from either a cow or a deer. I can't tell the size in the pic.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I thought it was an ex-girlfriend of J-lopes! Thought you said you didn't want to dig up them ol' bones!

JPN

coshocton
I went out for about 3 hours today and ended up finding 4. I also saw 2 that were still carrying both sides.

the fouth one was just a small 4 pt but I didnt take a pic of.

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
HA. You guys are funny.. I don;t know what it is. Looks like Chupacabra to me... :smiley_chinrub:
Here it is in the corn stubble.
:smiley_couch: