Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

A little word of advice

Mike R

*Supporting Member*
If you drop your grunt tube out of the stand on the morning hunt make sure it works before you put it in your pocket.( I did not) So on your evening hunt when you need it works to coax that 150 inch deer down the trail that brings him past you at 20 yards instead of the 35 yard trail. That way you don't hit that unseen branch which sends your arrow in the dirt. End of rant

My own fault and the good thing. The arrow was clean as a whistle, so it could have been worse. Think he will be back?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Bummer. How did he react after the shot? This time of year, it's probably more likely he'll be back than any other time of the season.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Sorry to hear this Mike. Hope he comes back for round 2.
I done it so don't feel bad. Tube had come apart on the way in. All I had was the wood on a lanyard....And yes I needed it.

Mike R

*Supporting Member*
He didn't even know I was there. The arrow hitting the branch is what scared him. He ran 20 or so yards stopped then walked straight away. I waited a few got down I found the arrow. At first by the way he acted I thought I might have hit him but had that feeling if I did it wasn't going to turn out good if you know what I mean. So I was kind of glad the arrow was clean.

I'm more upset about that grunt tube I truly believe if it would have worked he would have came to me. Of course I remembered the bleat can in my other pocket after the fact.
This point I just want another crack at him, I will be back out there in the morning with a new grunt tube in hand.

Mike R

*Supporting Member*
I know Phil same goes your way too.

Thanks for listening. It's just part of hunting if it was easy what fun would it be. I just had to tell someone the story. My wife this time of year gets pretty tired if hearing about deer. Between me hunting and the heads that come into the shop she's tired of deer.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I know Phil same goes your way too.

Thanks for listening. It's just part of hunting if it was easy what fun would it be. I just had to tell someone the story. My wife this time of year gets pretty tired if hearing about deer. Between me hunting and the heads that come into the shop she's tired of deer.

You know.... Now that I think about it, this all happened after you changed too Mike R......

Coincidence??? I think not..... lol.... Sorry bud couldn't resist lol....

Gordo

Athens County
So what was wrong with the grunt tube? I had a similar problem a couple years ago. A small piece of bark had gotten in between the reeds.

Been there with similar problem. Something jammed up in reeds.

The worst is blowing the grunt tube and a noise is made but it sounds nothing like a grunt. Doh!