Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Iks.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Thanks alot everyone it was another fun hunt.I really wanted to shoot a big old doe before Halloween and got the chance this morning when several came by.
I picked out the biggest doe and at 15 yds picked a spot and shot.
The arrow hit close to where i was aiming and i could see the white fletching sticking out just behind her shoulder with blood pumping out.
I gave her 40 mins and my buddy Tommy came and we started tracking her and the blood was spraying out. uploadfromtaptalk1446142734364.jpg I switched to a 150 gr wensel woodsman broadhead and man it opened a big hole.
She ran hard and ended up about 120 yds away,when we got to the edge of the thicket i was hunting i looked out in the field and within that time the damn buzzards were already on her,uploadfromtaptalk1446142900975.jpgThey had already plucked one eye out the little bastards.lol
The arrow had snapped off when she was running and while gutting her the broadhead was stuck dead center in her heart.uploadfromtaptalk1446143049177.jpguploadfromtaptalk1446143062396.jpg
It was a fun hunt and now it is time to sit in wait for a good buck to stroll by.
Thx again guys and i will say if any of you ever get a chance to try hunting with a recurve you sure wont regret it.
Good luck to all of you!uploadfromtaptalk1446143272490.jpg

Gordo

Athens County
Man, you just really gave me the itch to wack the next doe in range and get the first trad under my belt.

Like J said, fuggin nutty how far she made it with a broad head stuck in her heart.

Good luck in filling that buck tag!

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
J it amazes me how far she ran shot like that but she covered that distance on a few seconds on a dead run.
Ric i think the buzzards probably got on her that quick cause she dropped out in an open picked bean field.
Still amazing when i ran them off they just flew up in a big tree and watched.
Kinda weird walking up to have an empty eye socket looking at you.lol