Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

This morning.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Last night I told my daughter Karly she needs to sit this morning with me. She gladly said OK . So 6 rolls around I get her up head to the woods. I knew it should be a good morning with the front coming through last night. At 745 we hear a rabbit screaming and all hell broke loose. That surprised us both. At 8 Karly says I see something small to our west. So I looked over and sure enough it was a deers ear. I told her to get ready it was going to be at twenty yards and told her to use the top doton the xbow. The deer did played cat and mouse with us for ten minutes it finally hit the ever calm and came into the shooting lane. Karly shot and I'm thinking she hit no man's land. I seen it mule kicked and it was gone. We waited a hour to even get down because I wasn't sure what kind of hi she had. So we get down and check the arrow to find a pile of hair and blood. And not good blood it was dark and no bubbles the arrow was bloody on all three fletchings were covered. So I tracked slowly and I had to because this deer wassnt bleeding much . I took it 200 yards to a dead end, no blood. We backed out and me and a buddy looked 3 more hours today but nothing. She had her first encounter with a button buck and found out why dad gets so pumped to get in the woods. Even though we didn't have a good ending it will still go in our memory of Karlys first deer. It was a enjoyable morning.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
Unlucky man. That happens. Sounds like you did everything right. Good luck the next time out. Glad she got excited and it was enjoyable for the most part!

yotehunter

spencerville oh
KIMG0133.jpg this was her smile after she shot it says it all. I just hate that there is a bummed up deer running around.