Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

To pee or not to pee

Kaiser878

ohio
No..... bottled urine is so old and outdated it is mostly all ammonia. Unless you could get piss directly from a deer farmer.

I don't buy into it.... I know a kit of people swear by it

I buy (as mentioned above) from a local deer farm near my parents. I have had marginal success with it in most cases using a drag/drip method. I have had a few bucks walk right down the scent drag but I would say out of all the years I have hunted this has only been a dozen times or so. Prior to being referenced to a local farm I was using Code Blue and to be honest never had any luck but this could be partial to what the above poster mentioned as I was not familiar that was the situation with "Store Bought" brands.

Again I would say I only use it a few times out of the year though so my experiences are only limited to those few days I do and I don't think are the greatest representation I wouldn't mind hearing someone chime in that is an avid user. Also as a point of note I have used the older "Scent Candles" which put off a crazy amount of scent and probably out of the 6 sets I burned them for I had buck actively come in on 3. I was pretty impressed but have never got around to trying them again.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
No..... bottled urine is so old and outdated it is mostly all ammonia. Unless you could get piss directly from a deer farmer.

I don't buy into it.... I know a kit of people swear by it

Most deer science will point to them smelling the ammonia as much as anything else. That said, I don't buy commercial deer pee either. I have had success with smaller bucks following a drag line, but I've never seen any evidence that it is worth messing with. So I eliminating it from my bag of tricks 4-5 years ago.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Don't use it. Evercalm is the only thing I use that remotely smells like piss. I'm too paranoid about that stuff spooking deer.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I have not used any since 04'
I couldn't see tossing the money in the trash anymore. I used it and hung a cam near by and not once did I see anything worth shooting even walk past it.

Strother23

Columbus, OH
I have tried a drip before. I never seen any bucks in person but I would have bucks mark over it but all pics were at night. I've never killed a deer using it.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
No deer pee but i do use JVS for my mock scrapes. uploadfromtaptalk1445470163203.jpgGot this pic yesterday of one working my mock scrape.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I pee in scrapes whenever I see one and gotta go and bucks continue working em. If ya'll want some just send me a sixer of a decent IPA or Oktoberfest and I'll refill the bottles and send em back...for free of course .

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
I pee in scrapes whenever I see one and gotta go and bucks continue working em. If ya'll want some just send me a sixer of a decent IPA or Oktoberfest and I'll refill the bottles and send em back...for free of course .
Haha... Well played Carpn.
I've pissed in them too, and human piss seems to make them just curious? Lol

Diablo54

Outside
I piss in my mock scrapes. They can't resist.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445477142.026985.jpg

I've seen code blue work like a charm on a 155" 10 point. But I still won't buy it.