Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2015 Rut Report, County, Conditions

themedic

OHIO
4 bucks on this morning sit. One was a 3 year old nice 8. He was following my boot tracks in and hung up. I then lightly rattled, he circled and came in with two year and half old that musta heard my calling and responded from the opposite direction. The bigger buck postured, they all made rubs/scrapes and wondered off. I climbed down at 1030 to help that land owner put a metal roof on.his née pole barn. His roof top had a great view of his back 10 acre thicket. Around noon a nice buck pushed a doe out of the thicket snd dogged her hard across the field. Fairfield county, overcast, West wind at 10 mph, 38-45 degres

Gordo

Athens County
Rubs are starting to blaze the trails on my small 8 acres. Cant walk more then 20 yards without seeing a new one of these rubs. Its smelling raunchy back there too.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446250889.925125.jpg

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Had chasing going on yesterday morning by several smaller bucks. Going back out this morning to see if any big guys are going to be cruising through

Richland

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
For a deer hunter Halloween is like Christmas to a kid and for the last few years in northern wood county is the day for some great rut action.

Last edited:

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Had a 125 8pt and a button buck working a scrape last night. They were nibbling in the opening a little, but also were going through on a mission.

themedic

OHIO
Not the weather I wanTed for today but guess it will have to do. On stand where I killed a good buck in 2011. Wind is swirling.....I fucking hate that!

epe

Lancaster
On my drive down home last night I saw about 7 dead deer in a 3 mile stretch before it got dark. Two were huge bodies with heads cut off.

whodey1966

Southern Clinton county Ohio here- Last three eve hunts for me have produced only small buck sightings, still looking for my first mature buck encounter. Back at it this eve. Next weeks temps are going to stink! warm!!!