Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2015 Rut Report, County, Conditions

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Dad totaled his car yesterday on Rt 2, just west of Vermilion, mile marker 151. 2 does came across from the north side, big ol 10pt. was hot on their heels and then met the front of the Ford Edge.

Lots of scraps popped up this week in my area and a few new visitors on camera. This weekend should be a good one!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Dad totaled his car yesterday on Rt 2, just west of Vermilion, mile marker 151. 2 does came across from the north side, big ol 10pt. was hot on their heels and then met the front of the Ford Edge.

Lots of scraps popped up this week in my area and a few new visitors on camera. This weekend should be a good one!

Glad your dad wasn't hurt but sorry about the totaled vehicle Adam! Any pics of the deer and did he keep the meat?

Isaacorps

Columbus
Franklin county, saw a doe still with a fawn this morning between downpours and a lone buck before daylight yesterday morning. He didn't seem particularly on edge or seeking

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
On Sunday and Monday there was still doe & fawns in groups. But Tuesday morning seen nothing in the light rain.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
8 deer hit including two decent 8 points on a 5 mile stretch north of Westerville. All within yesterday afternoon and 1pm today.

Buckmaster

Portage
I can tell if its game on via my drive to camp down Rt 7 from Youngstown.

If I see at least 10 roadkill along Rt. 7 the rut is in full swing.

Friday morning....I'll begin my count while driving down.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Thanks guys, hes good. The deer was going to be picked up by stick n spoon, nothing left.

I had a chance to hit the stand tonight and im glad i did. Got in at 5:15 right as the rain tapered off and soon after a lone BB showed and hit the acorns. At one point he wandered over to smell the treestand steps. Later his mom and sister.

10mins later 2 does come busting thru with a BB running behind them trying to grunt, funny as hell. A few minutes later those two does came back with a small 8pt in tow. He was doing a lot of checking of the ground and air but only bumped the girls every 5-10mins. New PR for being covered up with 6 deer at once. It was a strange weather evening as warm as it got. Things are looking real good for the weekend!

image.jpg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Had a buck come in after dark, I assumed he was on the same trail a small deer which I couldn't tell at the time if it was a doe or BB fawn.... He grunted the whole time going by..... All I could see is the outline of it couldn't tell if he was the big bodied small racked 6 point from the night before.....

Concordmeadowsfarm

SE Ohio
Athens/ Morgan Co. Swollen necks, lots of new scrapes and rubs. Cruisers popping up on cams, like this guy! Hopefully get to hunt this weekend!
HUNT0002.jpg

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
My cams were slow compared to weeks past the last 4 days here IN Washington County. I assume that's for a variety of reasons. Unfortunately it may mean my target deer are off wandering around looking for love.

Good luck to those guys hitting it up over the next couple weeks.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I pulled 3 cards today on one property. Had some new faces. None of the ones I wanted to see, but different bucks showing up. Sniffing around. Following paths where does were in the hour or so prior. I'd call it early seeking in my area. Allen County. Should pick up every day from here on.