Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Taxidermy

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Yeah on the invoice there's a big disclaimer about not being able to cancel once the work has started, times are estimates only and it could take longer etc. whatever, lol.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I'm happy with my two bucks from Artist Touch. They're not show quality due to shear volume, but the are done very well.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Sorry, I have been out filling deer tags. Forgot about this post. I don't have any mount pics to share, they look good to me and that is all that matters. I try to keep mine as simple as possible, you guys would not be impressed.
Then take some, we all like to see new mounts.

brancher147

Awesome. What did ya shoot?

Just filled 2 doe tags. Did pass on a couple bucks last evening and had 10 does in bow range. Things are starting to pick up in the woods. Cold front this week should kick it into action. If I get time will post mount pic, I am elbows deep in venison today, making jerky.

brancher147

Then take some, we all like to see new mounts.

Here's some of my better public land bucks. 2 from OH. Shoulder mount is one I caped out. Told you I like to keep it simple, and I like the simplicity of a European mount and being able to do it all myself. And I know, my mounts are not award winning quality, but they are all I need.

DSCF3525.jpgDSCF3529.jpgDSCF3533.jpg

Now back to the jerky making.

teenbowhunter

Delaware County
Here's some of my better public land bucks. 2 from OH. Shoulder mount is one I caped out. Told you I like to keep it simple, and I like the simplicity of a European mount and being able to do it all myself. And I know, my mounts are not award winning quality, but they are all I need.

View attachment 37509View attachment 37510View attachment 37511

Now back to the jerky making.

Nice looking room, good luck adding to it. There's something to be said for keeping it simple and there's something to be said for looking for the best quality out there. Just depends on who you are and what you can afford. Being 18 mine go to a taxi that doesn't charge too much but is highly recommended by the few people he does work for.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Not to be a "contrarian" but the one actual mount you have that you caped yourself looks average. As for the euro mounts, I like euro mounts, but there is no need to Cape them. You can hack the flesh off any way you can and drop the skull in some dermisted beetles, or you can do it the hillbilly way, like I do, and hurry the head in the back yard for a year, let the worms have at it, and then hit it with some soapy water and diluted bleach.