Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What blind do you recommend?

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I've always hunted out of tree stands, but looking at buying a blind to put on my cousins farm. This will basically be a spot where I can take my boy out and watch deer an evening or two this year, with maybe some late season bow or some gun hunts for me as well. Looking for something fairly roomy, with the ability to shoot a compound out of. I've zero experience with blinds, so any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
BIG MIKE. See Phil for details.

Thanks Mike, I looked briefly and it says you can shoot while standing, which I like. How is the view when sitting? I'm going to have my 3 year with me for some "deer watching" adventures and want to make sure he can see out without issue.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Braydon was not tall enough to see out of blind in a normal chair. I used a 5" thick skid and put press board on it. Easy fix.

Most of the Barronett blinds are good like Mike said. We have the Bell Bottom and it has so much adjustability in the window heights and openings, not to mention it is huge inside. Biggest thing is make sure whatever you get that it has the black inside which most do these days.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Barronett for sure! I have two Big Mikes and a Grounder 350. Love them both. They have some new models this year too. Great blinds for a very fair price.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Give me a call or text Drake. I do more than the box stores will for you. I will pull them out of the box so you can climb in and decide.

rsmith

I got a "redemption" blind this year from my girlfriend and he family and I have to say I love it. It's super roomy inside and has some nice windows. I would take hickslawn up on his offer though! Can't beat trying them out!