Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

This weekends Ohio hunt.

Murphy31

Western Mass
Saw a lease posted on craigslist this summer in Ashtabula county. Drove down from Mass to check it out and looked really good so we ended up picking it up from the farmer. Headed down at 3 am Friday morning and had some stands set up and we were hunting by 430 pm. Between the both of use we saw a doe with a fawn and 2 six pointers together. We didn't end up hunting Saturday morning because we needed to get a little sleep. Saturday afternoon 6 turkeys were seen but no deer. Sunday morning we saw a total of 8 does and a small buck. Sunday afternoon my buddy saw 2 does but they were 40 yards and he couldn't get shot. All an all it was a fun weekend. We had a shots at all 3 bucks, but let them walk because they were young. We also had shots at 2 of the does, but decided to let them walk because they had fawns with them. We found quite a few good trails and a fair amount of buck sign ( rubs and scrapes). Ended up forgetting the sd cards for the cams so unfortunately couldn't put them up. It looks like it may have a couple big bucks on it, but we'll have to wait till November to see.

Last edited:

Murphy31

Western Mass
IMG_0693.jpgIMG_7049.jpgIMG_7630.jpg

Here are some of the bigger rubs we found.

Last edited:

Murphy31

Western Mass
IMG_9923.jpg

We honestly found multiple runs that looked like this one. Being from mass and seeing all this sign was a little over whelming lol. Hard to decide were to hunt.

Cardinalbuck

NE Ohio
I will be doing my first sit this weekend. Had a small buck and doe on camera, a few rubs and well traveled trails. I hope that all adds up to a good season. I will post if I get anything.

Did my first sit this morning. Saw 8 deer -- 4 does, 3 fawns, and a spike buck. Had a shot at two of the does, but they were with the fawns so let them go. Also had a shot at the buck but let him walk too. Saw a few scrapes and found a larger buck on camera - still on the small side so hope he makes it to next year. All in all, a good first sit.

Murphy31

Western Mass
Did my first sit this morning. Saw 8 deer -- 4 does, 3 fawns, and a spike buck. Had a shot at two of the does, but they were with the fawns so let them go. Also had a shot at the buck but let him walk too. Saw a few scrapes and found a larger buck on camera - still on the small side so hope he makes it to next year. All in all, a good first sit.

You are getting me pumped up Cardinal. Best of luck man.