Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New to the forums

Ediniidia

Hello,

A little bit about myself, my name is Robert. I am a cook. All through out my life, I have always had an interest in guns and hunting, and now that I'm older I really want to get into it. Especially now that I am confident I can use pretty much the entire animal. The only thing is I don't know anyone who hunts and I want to learn more about it before I go to the field. I just purchased a shot gun today. I look forward to learning more and hopefully getting some time in the field.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Hello and welcome!!!! If you are here to learn I couldn't imagine a better place. Having just got a shotgun, you have some time to read up and ask questions before you hit the woods to try and harvest a deer. Best of luck.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Welcome to TOO.
Look over the forum and I'm sure you will find the answers to allot of your questions. If you can't find it ask away and I know there will be plenty of people that can help answer anything and I mean anything. Many many many knowledgeable members here.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Welcome too the site.... What kind of shotgun you purchase? Can it be multi purpose? Small game or change the barrel for shooting slugs out of it for deer? Did it come with different chokes for different game?

Cardinalbuck

NE Ohio
Welcome. I too started this obsession on the late side. A few already suggested the hunter safety course - it's required to get a hunting license and a really good idea to learn how to be safe around firearms and in the field. Many knowledge guys on this forum who are willing to share - since I've been on this journey the last few years I'd be happy to share what I learned as a newbie.

Ediniidia

You are making steps in the right direction Robert! Welcome, what part of the state do you reside in?

Thank you, currently I live in the Cleveland Area.

Welcome too the site.... What kind of shotgun you purchase? Can it be multi purpose? Small game or change the barrel for shooting slugs out of it for deer? Did it come with different chokes for different game?

I bought a use remington 870. I know it's a super magnum express, this one in particular is the turkey one. It has camo, and came with a choke. What kind of choke, I don't know. And I am able to swap out the barrel, and that was my plan. I wanted to get something, and maybe catch the tail end of turkey season. Then get a rifled barrel.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
The choke should be marked with the type it is... F, M, I, I believe... For full, modified and improved cylinder...