Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Which area of Ohio has the dumbest hunters?

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
That's kind of a silly question if you ask me. There's idiots everywhere!
Yep you nailed it on the head!!!!!

Stupid is everywhere and multiplying at a rate that is sad to admit. It seems every year there is more stupid to deal with, and I'm not talking about just hunting either.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Good one for ya tonight.
There is a spot on one of the properties the Redcloud and I hunt that is usually pretty good if it's done right. It is an inside corner of a corn field that also sits along the edge of a drainage creek. There are multiple trails that converge from several different directions. The best way we have found to hunt it is to stay more or less away from the corner and hunt the trails that lead to it. Mostly because the deer could feasibly come from just about anywhere.you can, however, sit close to the corner if you happen to get a NNE wind. I got there tonight with the intention of hunting somewhat close to the corner but a little south of it. I got there to find a brand new pop up blind. 20 yards away from the corner, 10 feet off the main trail that leads north and south. In the wide open. Redcloud was sitting in this place on tuesday and it wasn't there at that time. So this dumbass shows up, 2 weeks into season and pops up a big blob in the open in the middle of one of the main hubs on the whole property.

Even when I was a rookie hunter, I wouldn't have done that. Oh wait, I kinda did once.
Before I figured out that a blind shouldn't be seen. But nobody told me.
Took a while, but I got there.

And yes, Tonite I'm going stillhunting with my Xbow. On public land. I don't think that makes me a dumbass.

And one early season morning I was thinking squirrels, so I trek off to Ceasars Creek and walking a trail with my .22 to where I'm headed then I hear some noise and see this guy stand up in his tree stand, harumpph around like he's disgusted, then climb down and start to leave. Sorry dude. Fuck. But it's public land.

Just 'cause I want to hunt squirrels doesn't make me a dumbass.

I think what makes someone a dumbass hunter is not that they might be inexperienced and make rookie mistakes or do things wrong because they've never been shown or took the time to learn. What makes a hunter a dumbass hunter is if they're too stupid to know that they're stupid, and don't think they have anything to learn, or are closed minded and think they know it all. The hunting guys I respect the most are the ones who'll freely admit that they have stuff to learn or make rookie mistakes and that they are far from knowing it all.

Bigcountry40

or the person that shot at this deer from the weirdest angle ever. Basically I think the deer had to be underneath of the guys stand walking away. This is from my buddies property 20151010_225305.jpg

Bigcountry40

actually looking at the full body pic closer it looks like the deer has warts of something, here is a pic of the wound taken earlier not sure when1966.jpeg20151004_152333.jpg

Last edited:

Lundy

Giles.

In my area I would place that Amish above your average deer drive group or the local drive the back roads boys

Your are in the complete wrong state. Go to Pennsylvania for a year during "rifle" season and you will witness what your speaking of. Picture what I would be apt to say is the nations most likely day to be killed in the woods and that would be the PA Opener of rifle season. Traditionally speaking PA has one of the largest license sales and the vast majority accounts for 100's of thousands of idiots who do not hunt or shoot guns except for 1 day a year. So picture this scenario a guy who has no understanding of deer or deer hunting out in the woods with a high caliber rifle (makes me cringe every year I think about it).

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Your are in the complete wrong state. Go to Pennsylvania for a year during "rifle" season and you will witness what your speaking of. Picture what I would be apt to say is the nations most likely day to be killed in the woods and that would be the PA Opener of rifle season. Traditionally speaking PA has one of the largest license sales and the vast majority accounts for 100's of thousands of idiots who do not hunt or shoot guns except for 1 day a year. So picture this scenario a guy who has no understanding of deer or deer hunting out in the woods with a high caliber rifle (makes me cringe every year I think about it).

Yep, your states got it lol.... Unfortunately....