Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

For Those that are from KY Hunitng in Ohio

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
This isn't limited to KY. Many states have done the same....strict rules against transporting deer from a CWD state. Going to hurt processors and taxidermist.

Apparently it doesn't effect the deer farm trade though. Bunch of BS to if you ask me. Shouldn't be allowed to transport live deer from an infected state if you can't transport dead ones.

Mike R

*Supporting Member*
Ohio has done this since 2006 from any CWD infected areas. Earlier this year the game warden stopped by here and suggested that we do the same for any deer coming from Holmes county. The letter he left me states that the odnr is writing rules about Holmes county but I never have heard another thing from them.

brancher147

Apparently it doesn't effect the deer farm trade though. Bunch of BS to if you ask me. Shouldn't be allowed to transport live deer from an infected state if you can't transport dead ones.

It is BS. Moving deer from deer farms between states is how CWD got spread around to begin with. But now the hunters are stuck dealing with CWD. I don't know, maybe there are regulations for deer farm transport of live animals, but I have not heard of any. There should be mandatory testing and strict regulations for CWD on deer farms.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Thank goodness Zody is disappearing, the head of the ODNR should be long gone over this stupid move of paying the amish idiot.
Last I checked it's ODA that's in charge of regulating captive deer farms in Ohio. So yea, your comment about Zody makes perfect sense. [emoji53] (sarcasm, btw) He wasn't even the "head of the ODNR" either. I agree it's total bullshit that this asshole deer farmer got reimbursed, but man at least get your info straight before spewing the negativity here.

Just 1 More

I hope other states ban ohio deer. might put a big dent in the leasing crap.

This is just an ignorant statement... many states do the same.. and as far as leasing, yeah, everyone should be able to hunt someone elses land for free.. let's pass a law that all private land become public use

Diablo54

Outside
This is just an ignorant statement... many states do the same.. and as far as leasing, yeah, everyone should be able to hunt someone elses land for free.. let's pass a law that all private land become public use

You opened up a door. Get ready here it comes..

Just 1 More

You opened up a door. Get ready here it comes..

I know... I just get tired of hearing how we should get to hunt private land for free,,, Someone had to buy it, make the payments over the years and pay the taxes,, why shouldnt they be compensated for someone wanting to use their property???

Diablo54

Outside
I know... I just get tired of hearing how we should get to hunt private land for free,,, Someone had to buy it, make the payments over the years and pay the taxes,, why shouldnt they be compensated for someone wanting to use their property???

You obviously haven't had to deal with leasers.

Just 1 More

That answers it for me lol! Not that you are bad in particular

So you're one that thinks you should be able to hunt someones property without compensation? If you owned a few hundred acres, would let anyone hunt other than maybe your closest friends and family???

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
So you're one that thinks you should be able to hunt someones property without compensation? If you owned a few hundred acres, would let anyone hunt other than maybe your closest friends and family???
I hunt 3 different farms totaling around 450 acres and I don't pay a dime and they've never asked me for money.

Just 1 More

I hunt 3 different farms totaling around 450 acres and I don't pay a dime and they've never asked me for money.

Thats great, We got lucky and got permission on 239 acres in Carroll county,, Same deal, don't pay a dime and he's never asked for any. We take very good care of his property and he's very appreciative. He used to let others hunt it and they abused it, trashed it, rode atv's all over it and did group hunts during gun season.
Kansas is a different story, We lease close to 2,000 acres but, we bought a house out there for a camp and have made friends with the locals.. they love us out there as well, for the same reasons... One of the farms was with an outfitter who, again, abused it.