Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Oct 4th Hunt

reo

N.E. Ohio
VERY nice write-up!

I am married to a saint! After 24 years we are as close as ever. I hunt or fish every weekend that the weather allows, both days.

I have never been bummed that she only goes on the boat once or twice a year or that she never wanted to sit in the woods with me :smiley_coolpeace:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Well done! KR shot a dandy buck opening day of bow season, 1993. I married her in 1994. She hasn't hunted since. It's perfect! :)

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Great story and pics - nice job on that doe. I'm interested to hear, how did your girlfriend react to the shot, to finding the arrow, and to handling the doe? She's smiling pretty big for the picture, but was she ok with everything?

OhioHunter88

Perry County
Thanks for the kind words everyone! Hopefully I can be making another post like this about a buck before gun season, wish it was as easy as Alex makes it look!

Her reaction after the shot was surprisingly good, seems to enjoy following a blood trail, didn't really like the sight of her floating dead in a pond and sat in the truck while we gutted it.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
That's a big ol doe right there. Congrats on a great hunt and harvest.

Keep that your girlfriend. Marriage will allow her to take all your hunting stuff and pretend to know how to hunt just so she can keep all your gear lol.