Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hunting on a Trust Farm ?

Lundy

When John owns 7 shares of the 9 he'll be OK.
I just think the State law on grandkids is BS, my 3 kids can hunt on my property but the grandkids need deer tags. That rule surely doesn't promote future young hunters to start hunting.

I get it about your grand kids I really do but go buy them a tag and take them hunting. I'm sure you didn't mean to imply that the ODNR is responsible for getting your grandkids interested in hunting.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I get it about your grand kids I really do but go buy them a tag and take them hunting. I'm sure you didn't mean to imply that the ODNR is responsible for getting your grandkids interested in hunting.

Just speaking in general for the rest of grandpa's in Ohio that own land that their grandkids can't hunt without buying tags. It' just stupids.
My grandkids hunt and take every game there is and buy takes if required.
But requiring grandkids to hunt their grandparents land surely doesn't promote the hunting sport for the younger kids in my opinion.

OK I talked to the GW this morning
As he found out after several phone calls
I do need a $24 tag to hunt on the trust land ....even if I owned 100% of the trust
As It isn't in my name , but in the Trust's name

Long story short ...I will use a State tag if I kill a deer on one of the trust owned farms

John

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
You now know your answer. You have helped us all learn a bit. Now good luck in your hunting John!