Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Columbus area deer hunting

pharen52

I'm a student at OSU and have really been missing the woods back home. This year I brought my bow down with me so I can archery hunt without driving all the way back home. If anyone would potentially give me permission to hunt their private land within an hour or so from OSU please contact me. I'd be more than happy to help with any yard work, projects or general maintenance. Please text/call at 330-692-8456 thank you my name is Patrick

Hogmister13

On TOO that's about like asking a Man if you can help him bang his wife Lol...Just do what I've been doing man, check out a few Public spots, they don't get hit near as bad as Gun Season and with the right scouting you can get some decent hunting. Good Luck

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
On TOO that's about like asking a Man if you can help him bang his wife Lol...Just do what I've been doing man, check out a few Public spots, they don't get hit near as bad as Gun Season and with the right scouting you can get some decent hunting. Good Luck
Your learning quick[emoji38]

pharen52

I laughed at that one and it's true but back home I've had some luck with old timers that don't really hunt themselves that much anymore

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I laughed at that one and it's true but back home I've had some luck with old timers that don't really hunt themselves that much anymore
Welcome to TOO. I will second the notion to check out the public lands nearby. Plenty of good public land hunting to be had.

Hogmister13

Its Tough, be prepared for some boring hunts and lots of frustration, but be patient and it can be very rewarding.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Delaware wildlife to the north. As far as certain spots, they are all over, just have to put boots on the ground and look around. Keep in mind, stands on public land are public stands. If you spot one and nobody is in it, you are within your rights to sit in it. Same goes for any stands you might hang.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Deer creek is south of you a ways and is a good place to hunt.

Most definitely!!!! Checkout the map. I found some great spots on public ground within the stones throw of the main road taking you to the lodge. It is on the right about 1-1.5 miles from the lodge. Several large over grown fields that border it with plenty of deer sign TOO!

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Yep. I've hunted and killed deer at both Deer Creek and Delaware. Get out there and explore. Bow season won't be that bad, but gun season I stay away. Good luck and welcome to TOO!

pharen52

I got to scout Battelle Darby today and it looks more promising than I was expecting. I'm thinking about tar hollow for a weekend spot if anyone has any tips for there

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Welcome to TOO. Tough to find private land for guys who have lived in an area our whole lives. Nothing personal. Just tough to get permission.