Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Anybody Live/Hunt Around Crown City?

Hogmister13

Was gonna give Crown City Wildlife Area a try in couple weeks. Anybody Live around there or hunt in that Area?

brancher147

I have been to Crown City probably 6 or 7 years ago, just on a scouting trip. We did see good deer sign. I remember a lot of open, mowed areas on the tops and thick hardwoods on the sides and bottom of ridges. It looked good, I would try it. I don't know about what pressure it gets. I do know someone who goes every spring and has very good luck with the gobblers. If you do not like Crown City, I have always heard the Wayne can be good if you put some time in to find the good spots. We talked to some locals there and they spoke of good deer hunting. I have always wanted to go back, just been too caught up in other places. I would love to get a report if you do make it, feel free to send me a message. Good luck.

kparrott

I used to fly over that area a lot. The description brancher147 gave a pretty good description. I haven't hunted there or done much hunting there, but I have flown over during gun season and seen countless hunters in orange. I would definitely avoid during gun season.