Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What day is the rut this year???

Gordo

Athens County
Giggity giggity.

Hope all is well with everyone. I got some serious catching up to do.

Life has been crazy. Finally getting back into a good groove and looking forward to getting TOO back in my life.

And no, i havent been at poker camp(jail) the last couple months. Ha.

I gotta get a hunt log going. Going old school this year. Not stressing about cams/specific deer/etc.. I have so many beautiful places to hunt, it would be a waiste to get fixated on 2 or 3. Went with a similar strategy last year and really had a blast. Had some great encounters. I'll primarily be rolling with the mobile set and going off my gut.

With that being said, i'll still be trying to pattern one early for the old man.

Giddy up and good luck

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Hey There Stranger! Sure am glad to see you come back around I'm sure you were missed by many! How about sticking around this time?
Oh yeah the rut was last Tuesday at 6:45 you missed it

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Holy shit, look who came out of the woodwork! We were just asking if anybody had heard from ya. Good luck this year and stick around!
Just saw a thirty pointer chasing a doe right past the house a minute ago, the rut must be trickling up this way.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Hey Gordo!!!! Glad to have ya back!!! I axed everyone on the Strouds bowhunt thread if anybody heard anything of you!!! Welcome back and good luck this season! You using trad or compound this season or both? Hope to see you at Strouds!

Gordo

Athens County
Holy cow, the hippie has risen! Welcome home buddy, glad to see you are alive and well!

Im a well groomed mountain man you cock smoker! Ha. Well most of the time.....
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443029282.096589.jpg

And no, not my baby. My niece! Jeezus. That pic is some real hippy shit.