Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Possibly a state record Typical?

Welcome to TOO. I'm with the rest of the peanut gallery on this one as far as score, but he is still a buck of a life time! Best of luck to you this season in chasing that giant! We expect some pics if you get him!

buckcrazy1

Thanks everyone! Yeah I'm definitely ate up with it, I tell everyone that the only reason I work is to be able to afford everything hunting lol but now that the excitement of seeing that buck, that I dubbed Checkmark, is starting to sober a little bit I no longer think he's close to a record..so I'm gunna give him another year to grow...pahaha JK! I just got home from putting up a 32ft hang-on stand about 150yards from that field-in the woods-in a funnel neck between the field and their bedding area, which is like 15 acres of thicket/wetland, u literally can't even walk through the thicket, it's mostly multiflora rose bushes and saplings, I have no idea how the bucks get through it! Lol but as far as other ppl knowing about him, I highly doubt it. This spot is a legit secret honey hole! It's only about 30 acres of public surrounded by hundreds of acres of private that nobody has hunted since at least 1996( I talked to the landowner) and the public is unmarked so u can't tell it's public. Plus I can't get there unless u park on the highway, walk across a shutdown on-ramp, and then walk about 150 yards through a marsh, that's the only access without trespassing, and I haven't seen any sign of people whatsoever! And every pic I have of bucks is during daylight, which tells me that they have nearly 0 pressure! I'm feeling pretty lucky right now!:)

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Glad you found the best forum around. Good luck with him. Too tired to try to score him. Probably be off anyway. Welcome.

Hogmister13

LOL I'll be your hunting buddy from Oct. 31st to November 7th. I'm Gonna More than likely be hunting the Wayne during that week. Good Luck With that Buck. He's a Giant in my book!

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Jd would shoot that deer. He'd lead you on like he wouldn't but I'd bet bottom dollar he would.

Good luck on that buck.

Joe, if I'm not gonna hunt DD or BB I sure wouldn't go after this one. So at least your betting bottom dollars...lol

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good luck on that buck.

Joe, if I'm not gonna hunt DD or BB I sure wouldn't go after this one. So at least your betting bottom dollars...lol

If you had history on him, knew he was mature, and was on one of your properties?

:BS:

Hogmister13

I wouldn't give a sh** if it was the deer's first rack I would sling an arrow at it. a man would be out of there right mind to let this one walk. . Lee lakosky wouldn't let this deer walk.

buckcrazy1

If I get him, think my odds of stealing Tiffany from Lee improve!?? I just knowwww she and I are meant to be! But if not, I'll settle for Eva Shockey I guessss pahaha