Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Scott Zody resigning! Ohio Wildlife "chief"

antiqucycle

East Ohio
Says he was disappointed he "They haven't achieved long term financial stability". My opinion he is to blame for ignoring the leasing and outfitters, to run wild without any licensing or control. Way too many Ohio hunters are handicapped trying to find a place to deer hunt thanks to cheap non resident licenses and non residents bribing land owners for exclusive hunting rights. He should have addressed this headache before it got out of control. If fishing guides are required to be licensed, why not phony deer outfitters.

He also ignored misbehavior by wildlife officers hunting on "company time". Another state department checked one year and ignored the last 5 years of tagging their deer while on the clock.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Or is he disappointed that there isn't more funds to give themselves healthy pay raises? It's always been take care of themselves 1st then use what's left for the animals.

Bigcountry40

Says he was disappointed he "They haven't achieved long term financial stability". My opinion he is to blame for ignoring the leasing and outfitters, to run wild without any licensing or control. Way too many Ohio hunters are handicapped trying to find a place to deer hunt thanks to cheap non resident licenses and non residents bribing land owners for exclusive hunting rights. He should have addressed this headache before it got out of control. If fishing guides are required to be licensed, why not phony deer outfitters.

He also ignored misbehavior by wildlife officers hunting on "company time". Another state department checked one year and ignored the last 5 years of tagging their deer while on the clock.

I rally your battle cry, it may be to late for us though.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Last edited:

antiqucycle

East Ohio
I brought up the "old news" so the next boss realizes a crackdown on misbehavior is needed among the ranks. It was something like 1910 when the hunting deer on company time was noticed BUT no one audited the next 4 years which could have been a real mess and horrible mess on Zody's shoulders.

My biggest gripe is the lack of licensing of leasers and outfitters because its ruining my hunting. Just google Ohio hunting leases and see how ridiculous it is. Who in their right mind would pay thousands to lease 20 acres?

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I brought up the "old news" so the next boss realizes a crackdown on misbehavior is needed among the ranks. It was something like 1910 when the hunting deer on company time was noticed BUT no one audited the next 4 years which could have been a real mess and horrible mess on Zody's shoulders.

My biggest gripe is the lack of licensing of leasers and outfitters because its ruining my hunting. Just google Ohio hunting leases and see how ridiculous it is. Who in their right mind would pay thousands to lease 20 acres?
Totally agree with you. The unregulated guiding and leasing is absurd.

antiqucycle

East Ohio
My experience with lease hunters has been completely negative and i am pointing my fingers at numerous groups of out of staters. They pay no attention to posted property signs. I have seen guys from Howell, Michigan toting AR's supposedly tracking a wounded deer after dark, another group from kentucky with bolt action high powers on opening day. Another group of WV "prison guards" leaving a pile of 5 doe carcasses after removing only backstraps and hams. I just love the local yokels (red head kid) who con elderly people to lease for $1000 and sublease the property for $500 a day to guys from New Jersey.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Crooks are crooks either NR of locals and there are plenty of both. In my mind the locals are worst as most NR don't want to be caught illegal out of state. IMHO but then like I said crooks are crooks and don't give a damn.