Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cotty's trail cam pics

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
The more I think about the last buck I posted, I'm not sure if I'd shoot him or not. The best score I come up with is 133" gross (125" net). I have my share of 125's on the wall. I really would like to up the ante. However, he and the dark racked 9 are the two best I have on camera so far. I also know he will look great in the woods if I'm granted the chance to see him. Decisions... decisions...

I always say that I will shoot whatever makes me happy and screw the numbers game, but, as Jesse says, you can't kill a great deer if you always settle for good ones.

Feel free to chime and tell me if I'm right or wrong.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Mike like i just posted on Dick's thread,if you hVe to think about it you probably will not be satisfied after you take him.
Remember if ya have does around you never know what might show up at anytime.JMO. GOOD LUCK!

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
That's my train of thought if given the chance. If I'm iffy, not gonna do it. If he gets my blood pumping good, I will.

Big thing is, I've been running cameras quite a few years. I bet I have no more than 10 bigger than him on camera on 4 different properties in that span of running cameras. I think it's been since 2011 I've run cameras. We get some big ones around here, but not like other areas of Ohio.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I think you'll know when he shows up. If you hesitate to grab your bow, he should walk. If you grab it and can think of nothing but where to shoot, be happy if it works out well! He's a pretty deer, nothing says you have to kill the biggest deer on a property every year...it's just for fun.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I agree with Brian and Brock here, but remember, if it's has 8 points or less your jaw has to hit the stand platform or you'll suffer ground shrinkage more often than not!

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
At eddying and bored (eventhough free beer) so check in too and post some pics.
Here's the 10 that I'd love to deflate. He's been in the area the last few nights.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445734832.148162.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445734841.862477.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445734850.862940.jpg

He was also there one hour before me this morning. Sneaky bastard.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445734873.687183.jpg

Here's a nice 8 at the crack pasture that is reserved for the boys. Notice the hole in his ear.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445734906.868361.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445734916.152795.jpg

Love this pic of the sun rising and a field full of doe.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445734947.738049.jpg

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
This might be one of my favorite pics of all time. Last Sunday I asked Klay if he wanted to go to his spot. It was the first time this season he said no. He was going to his girlfriends. So, as he's lip curling at his lady's house. This buck was doing the same in front of the blind.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446903749.170174.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446903774.694861.jpg

I chose not to hunt there because I'd feel bad if I shot one from his spot. I won't make that same mistake again. Lol

The time stamp was around 4:30. What a kick in the nuts.

This one is there as well. Love his brows.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446903886.831212.jpg