Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Wac'em broadheads ??

yotehunter

spencerville oh
I spent alot of time last yr tuning and adjusting the rest chasing my field point groups before finally just accepting it . Initially the broadhead groups were farther off . I haven't bothered making adjustments this yr . They fly good , just not pinpoint where my field tips hit . I ordered some wac'ems to try . Worst case I'll just shoot tricks like I have the last 2 yrs and adjust my sights to gain the last little bit I need . .

My grizz tricks shot about 8 inches high. Drop my code red just a very tiny bit and the are spot on now. Don't know if that would help you out but it was a cure for me.

buckcrazy1

I shoot Rage too, have since they came out. Only broadhead I've found to fly true, like a fieldpoint, out to 60+yards...and it helps that u can shoot em in the ankle and they still only run 50yards! Lol jk but they do put a hurtin on em! Prior to rage, I shot the Thunderheads by NAP. U gotta sight it bow in to them separately than field points, but they group good

COB-TY

Retired to the happy hunting grounds above.
Ohio
I'm not going to knock mechanical broad heads. Never tried them and had no desire to use them. Some one stated they fly like field points. To me a part of the "game", experience if you will, was getting my one piece tuned to the arrow and the bow. I reckon if you can't do that then you have to crutch it. I know, I know! I'm an ole school elites asshole but, there is always a but you know. I just can not help myself. :pickle:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I'm not going to knock mechanical broad heads. Never tried them and had no desire to use them. Some one stated they fly like field points. To me a part of the "game", experience if you will, was getting my one piece tuned to the arrow and the bow. I reckon if you can't do that then you have to crutch it. I know, I know! I'm an ole school elites asshole but, there is always a but you know. I just can not help myself. :pickle:

lol.... That's our Ted we know and love lol.....

buckcrazy1

The first year rage came out I shot a 142 1/8 8 point and took it to gander mtn to check it in, cuz u used to have to do that lol, and I could put all 4 fingers in the hole that the rage put in this deer, and gander called the game warden on me cuz he thought I shot it with a muzzle loader...talk about a headache! I didn't get my buck to the taxidermist until midnight, thankfully he did my previous 3 bucks so he was cool about it and waited up

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
The first year rage came out I shot a 142 1/8 8 point and took it to gander mtn to check it in, cuz u used to have to do that lol, and I could put all 4 fingers in the hole that the rage put in this deer, and gander called the game warden on me cuz he thought I shot it with a muzzle loader...talk about a headache! I didn't get my buck to the taxidermist until midnight, thankfully he did my previous 3 bucks so he was cool about it and waited up

Remember when hey had the self stick style tags that you'd put on the deer after harvest? First year they had them I checked in a doe and the guy at the check station said they were illegal and I and was going too turn me in.... I panicked and left and went too the archery shop where I bought my tabs and went in there all panic mode.... He called the check station and smoothed it out.... But I had some serious pucker factor for a while lol....

buckcrazy1

That's crazy!! When was that!? I've only been hunting since I turned 16 and could take myself since nobody would take me. That was 10 years ago and I don't remember those?

buckcrazy1

I was born in 89, in south Dakota, which is where my love for deer began. When I was 4&5 my dad would wake me up when he was leaving for work and I would walk out into the huge grass field behind our house dragging a sled full of Apples, raisins, and bacon bits(I thought deer liked the same food as me) and I would speed it all over the field, and about an hour before it got dark I'd sit out on the deck and watch the field fill up with 20+ deer and I'd watch em eat "all the food I put out for them" until it got dark lol my dad got orders to Wright-Part AFB and we moved to Dayton on my 6th birthday. Been here since!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I shoot Rage too, have since they came out. Only broadhead I've found to fly true, like a fieldpoint, out to 60+yards...and it helps that u can shoot em in the ankle and they still only run 50yards! Lol jk but they do put a hurtin on em! Prior to rage, I shot the Thunderheads by NAP. U gotta sight it bow in to them separately than field points, but they group good

You may realize this, but that's not the broadheads fault. That's a bow tuning issue. A properly tuned bow will shoot nearly every (non-damaged) fixed blade broadhead on the market at the same point of impact as your field points.

buckcrazy1

I believe you, back when I shot fixed blades I was brand new to hunting. I'm sure my bow wasn't set up right, my form was probably terrible, probably torqued every shot, etc lol

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I hadn't visited this thread in awhile....but wanted to let ya'll know the wac'ems are flyin great . I got the 3 blade 1.25 cut and they're flying spot on . In practice I'm shooting a playing card at 45 yds every shot ....so guess whats on my arrows . There are lots of great broadheads out there . Not saying one is better the another . But these fly great.