Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Opening Day - Where will you be?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Mason and I were planning on taking a recurve(me) and Mission (Mason), since we cant get a pic of one of our target bucks. Since we glassed one of them last night, that may change. The biggest thing causing anticipation around here is Phil and his sons visit. Mason wants Garrett to get a shot in the worst way, to the point he feels the need to second guess every thing Im doing! I dont know who he thinks set him up on every deer hes killed... :)

I just read this to Garrett. He lit up! NO PRESSURE. I mean it. It is hunting. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. Tell Mason we appreciate his excitement.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Sitting in the blind with my 9 year old daughter hopefully connecting on this buck... T-Bob
I won't be hunting until she kills him. So lets hope it happens early...lol

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Sitting in the blind with my 9 year old daughter hopefully connecting on this buck... T-Bob
I won't be hunting until she kills him. So lets hope it happens early...lol

But Doug. If you do that you'll never kill big bucks. Lol.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
If we have a wind out of the NW,N or NE I might consider hunting in the morning but anything else we're gonna sleep in and watch college football till mid afternoon then me and Karissa will head to one of the double sets.

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
East winds screw us, Glad we added a couple east wind stands this spring. I wont be going in far opening morning, Hunting a stand in a cedar trying to catch the deer coming out of our food plots heading back to a bedding area. For the evening hunt I will walk past the same stand and go to a stand on the west side of our food plots.

plot.jpg

I love the views from this blind. What you see worked up is now beans and corn.

1433616828613.jpg

Looking west, I will be sneaking in from the back side. There are bedding areas to the north and south of this blind.

View from a stand to the south of the box blind witch is to the left pass the trees. Our beans did pretty good this year. Considering the deer ate the crap out of them.

20150710_141551 - Copy.jpg

Attachments

• KIMG0084.jpg
    KIMG0084.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 93
  • 20150710_141551.jpg
    20150710_141551.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Two soccer games in the morning then my nephew's birthday party in the afternoon. It should be off the chain cra cra, he's going to be 7. Maybe a teenage mutant ninja turtle theme? Who knows. I just hope they have chocolate cake... and ice cream. Wait!! DQ ice cream cake. That would be epic.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Two soccer games in the morning then my nephew's birthday party in the afternoon. It should be off the chain cra cra, he's going to be 7. Maybe a teenage mutant ninja turtle theme? Who knows. I just hope they have chocolate cake... and ice cream. Wait!! DQ ice cream cake. That would be epic.
:smiley_clap: