Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Opening Day - Where will you be?

jeremy44230

Medina County
I will spend opening day watching my girl cheerleading!

It'll be the first missed opening day in a long time, but it's no big thing. I'll hit up some stand time Sunday night.

Good luck tomorrow all, I'll be checking for an IKS............

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443267030.984450.jpg

I sure missed you guys. I woke up this morning in Fort Wayne, Indiana, I just got in the door and hit TOO on my favorites list. Norma and I just got in from a 10 day, 4150 mile trip out west, including The Badlands, Mt Rushmore, Yellowstone, The Grand Tetons, Jackson Hole and many other places. First opening day I've missed in a long time, but it was fun working on our Bucket List. Good luck to everybody out today.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
They only stand I have to hunt with this E-SE wind is tight to cover and is not a stand I really want to hunt right now. With the wife gone and the kid staying with my in-laws, I have some peace and quiet here at the house. Just going to enjoy some college football and the UFC fights tonight. Plenty of days to hunt, but time alone to veg never happens any more!

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
The wind has been picking up all day here. Decided that I would stick around the house. As much as I would love to be out just not worth taking the chance of giving them any extra knowledge. Shot the bow a while instead. Now enjoying a beer and will try to watch some of the buckeye game. Hopefully get out tomorrow.

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
Well, driving home tonight and saw the corn cut down behind my stand...there goes my cover for my sneak in tomorrow am...but the wind is switching to southeast over night so now i will hunt that stand and see if they like corn for breakfast!

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I sure missed you guys. I woke up this morning in Fort Wayne, Indiana, I just got in the door and hit TOO on my favorites list. Norma and I just got in from a 10 day, 4150 mile trip out west, including The Badlands, Mt Rushmore, Yellowstone, The Grand Tetons, Jackson Hole and many other places. First opening day I've missed in a long time, but it was fun working on our Bucket List. Good luck to everybody out today.

Have hunted out west and been to a few of those places Dick.
Beautiful out there.
That is the plan for us also to take a 2 week trip out that way when we get the time in the future.
Glad you knocked it off your bucket list.

Francis

Geauga
Hunted a new stand opening day, of course was late getting to my stand, because my buddy has a new born and was running late. Had a small buck walk to the base of my tree before I even finished climbing, stood next to my bow for a good ten minutes before he walked off. Pretty cool, got the blood pumping.