Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Division of Wildlife Cheif Resigns

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Any chance he took a vacation and just decided not to come back? He had a position that is typically the last position a person will ever hold with the DOW. Hard to move up from being the chief. When you are done, you are done... Not everyone leaves because they have to. Hopefully that's the case here.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Any chance he took a vacation and just decided not to come back? He had a position that is typically the last position a person will ever hold with the DOW. Hard to move up from being the chief. When you are done, you are done... Not everyone leaves because they have to. Hopefully that's the case here.

I'm wondering if he took a "vacation" to go to another state dow and talk numbers. If he isn't done then he will pop up in another state very soon making a few extra coin.

Bigcountry40

So the question is, which one of us will they recruit to take the position? Time to sharpen up those resumes boys!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
So the question is, which one of us will they recruit to take the position? Time to sharpen up those resumes boys!

Write the governor. Tell him if he wants the hunters vote in his presidential run he needs to make the DNR chief appoint a deer hunter over the DOW.

CritterGitterToo

Central Ohio
He probably got a better gig back in the Ag world. Let's not forget he was former head of the Dept of Ag in Ohio.

You can forget about Ohio getting a conservation minded leader. The ODNR already cashed the check from the "group that has an interest in low deer numbers".

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
He probably got a better gig back in the Ag world. Let's not forget he was former head of the Dept of Ag in Ohio.

You can forget about Ohio getting a conservation minded leader. The ODNR already cashed the check from the "group that has an interest in low deer numbers".
Uhhh... No. That was Zehringer.

matthewusmc8791

NE Ohio
I'm sure the deer farmers would love this. Ohio would be all high fence in a year's time.

Spirit of the Wild baby! :smiley_chinrub:

I hate to even think about it. Very scary stuff to think about.

What is even scarier:
bullshit with CWD from these non-regulated deer farmer
nonresident hunter invading like the Mexicans crossing the border
the high number of deer harvests allowed throughout the state
Leasing of land buyouts
The mess of leadership and lack caring from the DNR staff
Lastly, the BS Amish and their truckloads of deer kills and mass trespassing

Need I need more points about the mess deer hunting is and will be for the sate of ohio.

Very sad days in the coming years.

The affects that have and are preparing for will take years to recover from.

Truly sad