Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ohio Giant

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I have to admit I'm a little low on my previous estimate above. I believe each side is around 85-86". Add 16-17" spread and I'll think he'll gross around 187" even after the velvet strips off! He'll net 180's pretty damn easy, IMO....

It appears my second evaluation was pretty close. I'd love to see the score sheet on this pig just to see how my totals for each side and inside spread compare with the actual measurements.

Hope they eventually are made known.

I know the hunter, Matt and I were on his lease last year....that's where he was killed, a mere 300 yards from Matt's setup that morning. We have others on our list, but we both dreamed of harvesting that deer. I'll get some better pics and see if I can get a score sheet on him

Screenshot_2016-02-29-11-08-00[1].jpg

Felt fitting to end this thread with a few photos of the taxidermy work...What a deer

Last edited:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
That's an amazing once in a lifetime deer!!! I like the mounts with the black backdrop, really accentuates everything! Congrats to the hunter!

Pabowbender

That is the kind of buck everyone dreams about killing. Just incredible. Congrats to that lucky hunter. It does look like he had some piebald genes in him, looking at those legs. I've only ever seen one piebald in my life.